WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(25 posts)

local foster families

• Started 2 years ago by tjbplumber
  • Latest reply from tjbplumber

1. I just found out about a local foster family that needs a bunk bed for 2 young girls.
    their foster mother is in ICU at harbor view hospital so they have to be placed with another family. That family has been found but needs a bunk bed to accommodate them. I know our West Seattle community is the best and would love to help them.
    http://WWW.localfosterfamilies.org/

Posted 2 years ago #         
  2. tom kelley
    Member Profile

I could find nothing specific on the above link. This sounds urgent. Could you contact me at totomkelley@comcast.net

Posted 2 years ago #         
  3. I'm not sure what more to say except that my wife and I have been helping this family for more than a year and a half. there are three girls the oldest is 13 and the youngest is 6 they come from a very tragic situation and for the last year have been doing very good. now suddenly their foster mother a very good friend of mine is in the hospital.
    they have suffered enough to last a life time and now the stable part of their life is gone . as I learn more ill post it Thank You very much.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  4. I was just contacted but an awesome person who agreed to buy the beds but we will need mattresses for them.Also if they are in need of anything else
    ill find out soon.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  5. I'm at a loss for words. also 1 of the mattresses is paid for by an angel named Laurie

Posted 2 years ago #         
  6. tom kelley
    Member Profile

tjbplumber asked if I could help with the communications aspect of this "project" so allow me to give an update. Some one stepped up to the plate today and committed to buying the bunk beds that are at K-mart on sale for a hundred and fifty bucks, available for pick-up in Renton. However, that's only one third of the way to our goal as the mattresses are one fifty each. The second third was covered by Laurie. So what we're in need of is a donor to, perhaps, pop for a mattress or maybe a couple that can afford seventy five a piece, or maybe you ten folks at a Seahawks party that can part with fifteen each. Step up West Seattle

Posted 2 years ago #         
  7. tom kelley
    Member Profile

I neglected to mention pillows, sheets and blankets. Does anyone know Sunny Koby Cook?

Posted 2 years ago #         
  8. angelescrest
    Member Profile

angelescrest

Tom,
    May I email you at the above email address? I'll give it a try.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  9. I think so give it a try

Posted 2 years ago #         
  10. Tjbplumber1@Gmail.com

Posted 2 years ago #         
  11. FionaEnzo
    Member Profile

I'd be happy to donate $50. Also, did you see that someone else is offering free smaller size - new - bikes? Posted in a new thread on blog
    So glad you are doing this for the girls.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  12. birdrescuer
    Member Profile

I'll donate $50. Where and to whom shall I send it?

Posted 2 years ago #         
  13. tom kelley
    Member Profile

bump

Posted 2 years ago #         
  14. Talaki34
    Member Profile

Talaki34

Can you give us an update? Do you still need anything?

Posted 2 years ago #         
  15. Sorry but I'm working late today so its been difficult to keep updated.
    it seems that we are close to getting the bed situation covered if everyone comes through.
    we have been told that tree house foundation is going to pay for swimming camp for them next week and will need suits.
    What else can we do for them?
    Any suggestions?

Posted 2 years ago #         
  16. I'm learning more about the girls.
    they are needing clothes. Not sure what sizes yet but will know soon,

Posted 2 years ago #         
  17. Talaki34
    Member Profile

Talaki34

I have a $50 gift card for Fred Meyer you can have for the girls.

Let me know.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  18. Thank you to all that have helped.
    and for those of you that also want to help
    how can I can I contact you?

Posted 2 years ago #         
  19. Talaki34
    Member Profile

Talaki34

I am the one with the bird bath. :) Check "Rec'd Calls" on your cell.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  20. birdrescuer
    Member Profile

I have emailed 2ce. contact me at

activistkmw AT hotmail Dot com

Posted 2 years ago #         
  21. Treehouse is a great resource for children in foster care. If the girls are in need of clothes, Treehouse may also have that covered. They have a "wearhouse" to help fulfill clothing needs. I follow them on Facebook and they have been receiving lots of donations for this time of year.

I have two sets of twin size flannel sheets that I bought for my girls and was thinking of returning, I'd gladly donate them to this family in need. I just need to know how to get them delivered to someone/someplace....

Posted 2 years ago #         
  22. Thanks everyone. I'll get back to you tomorrow. My van died in lynnwood so I just got home. Goodnight

Posted 2 years ago #         
  23. We just got swim suits from tree house foundation.
    Thanks for the suggestion
    The girls still need 1 twin mattress 150
    Is all
    Also Casey foundation is paying for a 2 week swim camp
    For all three girls .wow that is 450.00 thank you Casey foundation. Oh and we are looking for volunteers to help on occasion. Nothing big just accepting donated items once in awhile until we can pick them up and deliver them the foster families that are in need. Again thank you to every one

Posted 2 years ago #         
  24. http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/registermybusiness/brd/Default.aspx#brdResults

ubi# 603236909

incase there are any questions as to weather we are legit..

Posted 2 years ago #         
  25. To Bird rescuer I really do appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
    I want everyone to be comfortable with knowing this is truely going to foster families. yes we need help with our website!!! maybe someone can step up and offer to help us with it.
    it wont cost you a dime just pc skills.

Posted 2 years ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^