WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(3 posts)

Kickboxing/Self-defense class at Hiawatha Community Center

• Started 2 years ago by gaksl21kwp
  • Latest reply from HooahHead

1. HooahHead
    Member Profile

There's a Kickboxing/Women's Self-defense class being offered at Hiawatha Community Center. The class will meet Tues. and Thurs. from 6 to 7 pm starting Nov. 27. $56 per month. You'll learn karate forms, self-defense techniques, get in shape, and relieve stress. I'm not teaching it, just looking for others who might be interested. But I've worked w/ the instructor before doing Butokukan karate. Good experience.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  2. cobracaidojo
    Member Profile

Sounds like a good class. And not as expensive as the "McDojos" and karate academies (w/ big class sizes and only average instruction.) My wife and niece might be interested. Can families attend together or is it just for adults?

Posted 2 years ago #         
  3. HooahHead
    Member Profile

It's for girls and women 16 and older. You can probably stay and observe. You can sign up at Hiawatha Community Center. Oh, there will be a regular karate class for men and women (18 and older) that starts in December.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^