WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(95 posts)

JanS surgery

1. Forgive me if someone already posted this. Just got a text from Jan's daughter that surgery went well, she is off the heart/lung machine, the valve is functioning. Yay!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. oddreality
    Member Profile

Very good news, thanks for the update!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. My prayers are for u Jan

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. Chicken soup, rolls and pumpkin bread waiting for you in the freezer, Jan. Just come home in one piece!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. Lindsey
    Member Profile

Lindsey

Thinking good thoughts for a speedy recovery, Jan!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. Great News! Jan and her family are in my prayers :-)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. charlabob
    Member Profile

charlabob

Sending loving good wishes to Ms.Jan ..see you soon!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. Yay Jan!

Thanks for letting us know, WSB!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. argiles
    Member Profile

Sending get well wishes Jan!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  10. anotherwsmom
    Member Profile

So glad to hear this! Praying for you, Jan.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  11. elikapeka
    Member Profile

So glad to hear this - hoping for a quick and easy recovery!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  12. john moore
    Member Profile

very cool.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  13. Has anyone thought about doing a mealtrain for Jan once she comes home? There is an easy website to sign up on mealtrain.com and it would ensure her food for a time while she recovers...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  14. redblack
    Member Profile

redblack

thanks, tracy.

jan: get well soon, please. we need your spunk and wit to liven the place up. ;)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  15. Betty T
    Member Profile

Yea Jan! Hang in there and a quick recovery. I met you with JoB at a pancake breakfast some time ago and seen you at a distance since.. Hope to see you close up in the near future. Been wondering all day how your surgery went. With all the support on here you should recover quite well. Best wishes.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  16. Just realized Jan might not want total strangers from the forum (like me) bringing her food when she is in a vulnerable state of recovery. But maybe her closer friends can still do a meal train...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  17. pigeonmom
    Member Profile

pigeonmom

Yay!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  18. tanyar23
    Member Profile

Speedy recovery Jan!!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  19. kgdlg, I met some of my best friends from this Forum, when we were all total starngers, and I was in a vulnerable state. :-)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  20. Mike, I know, I am more of an onlooker here only commenting sporadically, but it is clear that there is a lot of mutual support between many people in the forums, and that restores my faith in humanity, often. Which is why I suggested the meal planning tool. But then I realized that if it were an open tool, anyone could show up at her house at any time, and maybe that is just a little too open? I hate that this world makes me think like this, but sometimes it just does...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  21. Yeah, sadly, good point....

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  22. Hey all, thanks for the kind words. JanS (my mom) is doing well, talked to her earlier today. She's not a fan of talking on the phone because she's hooked to so much stuff, feels like she was kicked in the chest by a mule, and she can't move around much yet to look online, but I know she appreciates all of you.

A meal train would probably be VERY welcome. Also, there's always this link to contribute to her bills and living expenses while she recovers. http://www.gofundme.com/14rlws

Posted 1 year ago #         
  23. This photo was sent to me by WSB member 2 Much Whine, who created a special glass object in Jan's honor.

He adds the following:

Since Jan got her heart all patched up it seemed a heart of glass would be a fitting gift from her WSB friends.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  24. LOVE IT!!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  25. NFiorentini
    Member Profile

NFiorentini

That is absolutely gorgeous! Wow!

Get well soon, Miss Jan!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  26. 2muchwhine....I'm touched. I am out of ICU, noe in rm.425 on 4E, Swedish CherryHill. Good pain meds,very little sleep, eating real food, and yes it feels like I've. been kicked in the chest by some big animal. They're surprised at how well I'm doing. Me, too :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  27. Great to hear from you Jan!

Any idear how long you'll be there?

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  28. Very nice, 2MW.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  29. Mike, I expect to be here at least through the weekend. When I leave here I will go to a "skilled nursing facility" hopefully in West Seattle. Kenney,Park West, Mt. St. Vincent

Posted 1 year ago #         
  30. elikapeka
    Member Profile

Jan, glad to hear you're doing well. Keep us posted on your progress!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  31. 365Stairs
    Member Profile

365Stairs

Inspiring! So glad to hear about your solid recovery JanS! I trust you have been receiving the excellent care you so deserve!

I enjoy your many perspectives here...

Would be awesome to see a picture of you reading a Get Well Soon card & flowers delivered personally by Kootchman...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  32. 'kay, Jan.

I'm getting around better, though still a bit hobbly, than I presumed I would be when I e-m'ed you recently.

If I don't make it up the hill over the weekend, I'll try to Rapid Ride it out to WS!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  33. well, Mike..you have to quit with the faling stuff. I am living for little things...like ..a shower. I had one this morning, and it felt wonderful.Surgeon told me this morning that if he graded patients on a 1-10 scale for how well they're doing, I'd be at 9.5. Painkillers certainly help :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  34. charlabob
    Member Profile

charlabob

Great to hear from you...and not surprised at all that you are doing so well. C and b

Posted 1 year ago #         
  35. hooper1961
    Member Profile

I am glad JanS is doing well.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  36. Betty T
    Member Profile

Jan Recovery sounds like going good. Positive thinking, determination and lots of moral support can work wonders.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  37. I'm joining the happy chorus of Best Wishes, JanS!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  38. Well, thanks, everyone. The support means so much. I am doing relatively well. Have had some ups and downs, but for now it 's up. Having breakfast at the moment -fresh fruit cup, oatmeal, sausage, egg, tea. Could be worse -lol.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  39. elikapeka
    Member Profile

Up is good - how's the food? I seem to remember the food at Cherry Hill being pretty edible for hospital food.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  40. let us know where you land so i can bring miws in to see you...
    you know how much i love a twofer and getting to spend time with both of you is a definite twofer ;->

kdldg..
    miws is right.. we were all strangers here once...

your idea is a good one..
    sometimes it takes someone from the outside to realize how easy it is these days to be efficient about things like meal delivery to those who need a little help..

and on the plus side...
    jan gets to meet a whole new bunch of potential best friends...

potential is all any of us had when we started posting and meeting one another

Posted 1 year ago #         
  41. I am glad to hear your recovery is going well. best wishes that you continue to impress the doctors with your recovery!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  42. Glad to hear things are going well, Jan.

Continued good thoughts for you and yours!

Take care

Posted 1 year ago #         
  43. Ok Jan, what is today's update?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  44. May get sprung today, to someplace in WS. Going in and out of atrial fibrillation at the moment, which is normal after heart surgery., but still needs to be resolved. Will know more later after bathtime :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  45. Update on the update. I ill be going to ParkWest on Calif. Ave. In the. Admiral district, somewhere around 4-5pm today. Should be a fun time :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  46. woohoo! you will be in the neighborhood!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  47. Yippee...right down the block; very good news !

Posted 1 year ago #         
  48. we could do happy hour
    without the drinks of course
    but with plenty of happy

Posted 1 year ago #         
  49. Well, that will be pretty durn close!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  50. "Happy" is right!

But hour?

Pfffffft! hours are for wimps!

All night party is Jan's room! ;-)

Welcome home-ish, Jan! :-)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^