WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(10 posts)

I'm very excited about...

• Started 1 year ago by KatherineL
  • Latest reply from KatherineL

1. KatherineL
    Member Profile

...how everybody says, "I'm very excited about" some upcoming event. Can't they be interested, intrigued, involved, immersed? I suppose it wouldn't go over well to say, "Well, we started this, we may as well finish."

I vote to donate a thesaurus to the next person who says on air, "Yes, (Interviewer,) I'm very excited about..."

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. katherine
    i am very excited about that that ;->

and yes, i do have a thesaurus
    i am sure it is gathering dust somewhere ;->

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. "Excited" and "amazing" are high atop the "overused" list at the moment. In particular, if you ever catch me using the latter, please send someone to take me away somewhere for writer rehab. "Amazing" has been dishearteningly devalued by its recent overuse ... keep an eye on social media in particular and you will be regaled by tales of amazing food, amazing co-workers, amazing events. I even follow a social-media account devoted to calling out "overuse of the word 'amazing'."

Somebody cue "Baby, I'm Amazed" ... TR

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. Lindsey
    Member Profile

Lindsey

I'm going to go ahead and add "awesome" to this list. Very few things described as awesome are actually awe-inspiring.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

Lindsey: I've been trying to bring "sublime" back, but it turns out, not that many things are sublime either.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. TR...it's "amazeballs", not amazing - lolol...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. What happen to "Cool, Groovy, and Farout man?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

KL: I'm excited about you MAYBE joining us for Thanksgiving, and I'm excited that you might take some leaves with you, and I'm REALLY excited about how many eye-rolls this post is going to earn!! ;-)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. Posted 1 year ago #         
  10. KatherineL
    Member Profile

TVB - You didn't mention leaves with your invitation! I'm inspired, animated, aroused, delighted, electrified, energized, fired up, galvanized, stimulated, stirred up, thrilled, and - yes - thankful for the invitation and offer.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^