WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(4 posts)

How to find smaller home-based preschools in WS?

1. Alaflam
    Member Profile

I am looking for child care for my 2 year old (almost 2 1/2) for 4 days per week. I am thinking he would do best in a smaller preschool situation, but don't know how to find ones that have openings and are reputable! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. StringCheese
    Member Profile

Check out http://childcareresources.org/

There is a lot of information there. However, nothing beats visiting the childcare during the day. Also, be wary of places that won't allow you to "pop by" unannounced. Good luck!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Irukandji
    Member Profile

Irukandji

Katie McNamara has a preschool near the DelRidge Community Center. It's called Cedar House. We were VERY happy there. Small group, lots of outdoor play and life skills. Contact her at 206-932-1712.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. pattilea
    Member Profile

Alaflam, Home based preschool are awesome if you find the right situation, and usually less expensive than centers. Childcare resources rock, and a great way to find a licensed home. A few words of advise: A "real" preschool does not have to be licensed if they operate less then 4 hours per day, per shift. They may offer either am or pm, but the same children may not be present at both. Home child care that offers a preschool program is a great find. DEL of Washington has a web page to check for any complaints or ongoing problems, just by entering a phone number or name! Just remember to use your gut feeling, and feel free to drop in ANY time. I have a son that is now 28 that was abused in a home setting and became a non speaker. And also a much younger son that was mistreated in a preschool setting, this past year.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^