WSB Forum » WSB Reader Recommendations

(32 posts)

Good realtor who knows West Seattle

1. Looking for a good seller's real estate agent who has experience and success in the WS area. Any suggestions of where to start?

Posted 5 years ago #         
  2. beachdrivegirl
    Member Profile

beachdrivegirl

Scott d Monroe at Windermere in the Morgan junction. He has helped us twice on both ends and is great to work with!

Posted 5 years ago #         
  3. Cannot recommend Debbie Loop enough. She knows WS inside and out...she does buying and selling and our experience was excellent!

http://www.debbieloophomes.com/

Posted 5 years ago #         
  4. We had a very good experience with Kay Rigley. Don't let the fact that she is from the north end fool you. We consulted her when we purchased in West Seattle, and have referred another West Seattle seller to her since. She has done a lot of business in West Seattle.

Kay Rigley & Associates
    Windermere R.E./NW

http://www.kayrigley.com/index.cfm/page/29840/parent/23984/My_Windermere.html

Posted 5 years ago #         
  5. I'll second beachdrivegirl -- Scott has helped me with 6 transactions both as seller and buyer and included a commercial transaction and a short plat development. He's the ultimate professional but not pushy in any way, also has a background in building so can really assess a property well.

And he gets the job done, usually going above and beyond and helping the other parties' agent. The other agent in our commercial deal was so pathetic and uneducated and he practically had to walk her through the entire transaction!!!

scottdmonroe@comcast.net or 206-406-9388

Posted 5 years ago #         
  6. christopherboffoli
    Member Profile

Roger Steiner all the way. I bought my West Seattle house from him and he lives here. roger.steiner (at) coldwellbanker.com

Posted 5 years ago #         
  7. beachdrivegirl
    Member Profile

beachdrivegirl

Here is Scott's website.

http://scottdmonroe.com/

Posted 5 years ago #         
  8. Hammertree
    Member Profile

Shelby White at West Seattle Realty does an excellent job. He lives and works here with twenty years of experience. 935-0503 or westseattlerealty.com

Posted 5 years ago #         
  9. I highly recommend Chuck Houston. He is West Seattle resident and works out of the Fauntleroy Windermere office, He is one of the best realtors I have ever worked with. Here is his contact info

Chuck Houston
    Associate Broker
    Windermere Real Estate, Fauntleroy
    206-948-5222
    Chuck@chuckhouston.net
    http://chuckhouston.net/

Posted 5 years ago #         
  10. furryfaces
    Member Profile

Don Pennell. Have known him for almost 20 years. He is an excellent listener, thus showing you homes in your price range and era preference; has high integrity and brings a sense of kind humor to his relationhips with clients.

http://www.donpennell.pnwrealty.com/

And Don is a big supporter of our West Seattle Community:
    http://catsino.blogspot.com/2008/10/welcome-don-pennell-reality.html

http://westseattleblog.com/blog/?page_id=3402

Posted 5 years ago #         
  11. Thanks for the recs - I have contacted several of them. FYI, to Furryfaces - I sent Don Pennell a note via his website 3-4 days ago and got no response. So much for first impressions...

Posted 5 years ago #         
  12. alistair
    Member Profile

I've always found Kirsten Donovan to be excellent. She's not pushy, knows the neighborhoods incredibly well, and takes genuine pride in providing her clients with exceptional service.

She's at kirstend@kw.com or 206 465 4221.

Posted 5 years ago #         
  13. diane2726
    Member Profile

Jonathan French. Local guy. Grew up in West Seattle and knows the ins and outs.. sold our homes a few times. would'nt use anyone else. A few listed are not in WS.. go local!!

Jfrence@alki.net
    938-4855
    alki.net

Posted 5 years ago #         
  14. yardbird666
    Member Profile

yardbird666

Donald Fillius, Coldwell Banker, sold us our home in Arbour Heights in 1993 and is a long time West Seattle residence. And though we have not bought or sold a home since, Donald remains a great source of information when we have a real estate question or just need a recommendation for a reliable and honest contractor. He's very knowledgeable about the West Seattle market and alway willing to help us, even sixteen years after he sold us our home. You can find him at http://www.fillius.com

Posted 5 years ago #         
  15. acemotel
    Member Profile

acemotel

Again, Dan Murphy and Dennis Brown:
    http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=agentOffice.AgentDetail&agentMetauser_ID=3383
    Professionally tops IMO; Dennis was a broker for many years and brings that expertise to the table. Dan, in addition to working as an agent, was appointed to the Wa State Real Estate Commission by the governor. They are pros. They were my agents over a decade ago, and I can't say enough good things about them. I also like them as people.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  16. cnmngrl
    Member Profile

Bill Fazekas at Windemere

He helped me buy a house, sell it five years later, and buy a second house; all in West Seattle. He has the utmost patience and integrity. A very good guy!

Posted 4 years ago #         
  17. Lisa Mundahl Greene
    TILA Real Estate
    ( in the heart of the Junction)
    206-766-8400
    http://www.tilarealestate.com

Posted 4 years ago #         
  18. coleros
    Member Profile

Honest, Trustworthy, Available, Down-to-Earth, Hard-working, Caring, Thoughtful, Insightful, non-Pushy, Innovative, and a Builder! Those are just a few of the words to describe Scott! We heart Scott Monroe! We moved cross country (RELO), and he was there with us every step of the way. We called him while interviewing for a job in Seattle, and he was eager to take us on. Even though it might not of even turned into anything. He was patient with our wish list, and in fact found us a house that has exceeded our expectations!

This is the sixth house we have bought, and have done several remodels, so we weren't new to the buying process, just new to Seattle. He sat with us and gave us the positives and negatives of every property we looked at. Had has the insight to see if there are major structural issues, or a diamond in the rough... He goes the extra mile on everything - from contracting referrals, to the best restaurants in the area and even working to find you the best rates.

We know the difference between the realtor who just wants to make a sale vs. a realtor who wants to make a life for you. Scott Monroe is the real deal. If you are in the mode for a buyers or sellers agent, in my opinion he is the best in the area.

And no, I am not related to him!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  19. celeste17
    Member Profile

celeste17

Mom and I have worked with Jose and Lori with John L Scott in the Westwood Village location. They work hand in hand with you laying out the pro's and con's of the house and properties that you are interested in seeing and or buying.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  20. happywalker
    Member Profile

happywalker

Jim Biava/Windemere is a WS gem. He has been in real estate here is WS for 30+ yrs. He's very low key and always on your side, whether that be selling or buying a home. He's a great advocate for you. Has always gone out of his way to make our transaction as easy as possible for you. Just google:jim biava, you'll see his smiling face right there.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  21. We also highly recommend Scott Monroe -- knowledgeable, responsive and definitely not pushy but still totally on top of things. Skilled negotiator and all around easy to deal with.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  22. UrbanFabulous
    Member Profile

Another shout out for Scott Monroe. He helped us find our first home and we couldn't have been happier with the experience! We interviewed several realtors and he was by far the most knowledgeable and trustworthy! He's not out to just make his commission, he wants you in a good home that you'll love for a fair price.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  23. Roy Willanger, Gatewood native and still lives there. Honest, diligent and experienced. Hard to do better.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  24. kyrahurd
    Member Profile

Scott Monroe was our listing agent, and I cannot recommend him highly enough. We interviewed several listing agents, but Scott was a standout by far! From the minute he walked through our door we felt extreme confidence in his pragmatic approach and passion for the process. Scott is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of selling a house, and led us through with a hands-on approach. From helping us determine which details to focus on in preparing our house for sale, to posting a beautiful listing that led to tons of exposure, to helping us slog through all the details including an unexpected major repair, Scott was right there for us. Throughout the whole process, we never felt alone or unguided, always had confidence that he would help us find a way and ended up with an outcome that made us truly proud and know that our buyers were pleased too! All in all, Scott is not only a terrific real estate agent, but also a terrific person, he really made an impression on us that we will not soon forget!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  25. I ditto Kyra's comments. You can find about 12 more reviews for Scott on Yelp:

LINK: http://www.yelp.com/biz/scott-monroe-seattle. (Make sure you click on the "filtered" tab to read all 12+ reviews from past clients).

As I stated on my Yelp review, I found Scott through the positive word of mouth he generated on this site. West Seattlites praised him for being honest, knowledgeable, hard working, going above and beyond for his clients and for being picky on their behalf. Other's also praised him for being a shrewd negotiator.

My experience was no different. When looking at a house, Scott helped me look past the fresh coat of paint, staged furniture, and the obvious pros/cons listed on property spec reports to determine if a house was a good purchase. He was skilled at helping me see how a space might (or might not) function if I had kids, threw large parties, or took down a wall. With his background in construction, he was also able to point out foundation/structural concerns, piping issues, walls that leaned, and could spot the subtle differences that indicated whether a remodel was done by an experienced professional or novice homeowner.

I ended up purchasing a bank owned property that needed work. Though Scott's job technically ended once I signed the dotted line, he stayed in touch throughout the remodeling process. He helped me put together a repair budget, put me in touch with skilled tradesmen he trusted, and he regularly dropped by to help me troubleshoot issues or to make sure that the tradesmen I selected were doing a good job on my behalf.

Scott is a wonderful Realtor and human being. He looks out for his client's best interests and he's very, very good at his job. I usually don't just recommend Scott--I insist people go to him. He's that good.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  26. Definitely recommend Scott Monroe! Scott's experience with construction and his personality were the perfect combination for us in seeking our first home. It was clear from our first meeting that Scott wasn't trying to get a "quick buck"; instead, he wanted to help us find a house that would turn into the perfect home for years to come. One reason that we chose Scott is because he knows West Seattle (WS) well. Once we found our house, he guided us in developing a competitive offer by providing clear and understandable facts about the market, the neighborhood and the quality of the home. Throughout the home buying process, he was always very responsive to our questions and proactive in providing us updates. We are so pleased with our purchase and so appreciative of Scott. We couldn't have picked a better realtor!

Posted 10 months ago #         
  27. Elaineko
    Member Profile

Scott is far and away the most knowledgeable and helpful real estate agent we've ever worked with. To the point that we have sold two homes and bought one home through him in the past three years. Scott simply knows every aspect of the real estate process from beginning to the end. He has saved us literally thousands of dollars because he has extensive construction background. He knows what to look for and how to negotiate with the sellers' or buyers' agents on our/your behalf. He unconditionally gives you the straight-up answers whether you want to hear it or not, and not just what you want to hear. This means that you will know exactly what is happening at all times. He returns calls and messages almost immediately, all the time. How many times have you worked with agents who don't respond to your questions or needs in a timely way? He is professional, just the best. If you want someone who has had over 20 years of experience and success and expert knowledge, who will represent you in every aspect of the arduous real estate process, Scott is your man.

Posted 1 month ago #         
  28. Love EJ Gong at Windermere. Experienced, smart, thorough, good instincts.
    E.J. Gong
    Windermere Real Estate/Northwest, Inc.
    4919 S Genesee Street
    Seattle, WA 98118
    Cell/Text: 206.604.0745
    ejgong@windermere.com

Posted 1 month ago #         
  29. valvashon
    Member Profile

Beth Britt and John McYnturff of the John L. Scott office in Westwood Village. There's really nobody like them- they did a fantastic job of selling our house (who else drums up competing offers late on a Saturday afternoon?) and worked very hard to get us in our new home. The best!

Posted 1 month ago #         
  30. montanapup
    Member Profile

Second Thumbs up for Shelby White - West Seattle Realty
    Local and down to earth!
    206-935-0503
    westseattlerealty.com

Posted 1 month ago #         
  31. Although this is a pretty old thread, since it's been revived, I have to join Christopher Boffoli in heartily recommending Roger Steiner. He is fantastic for both seller and buyer, and focuses his business on West Seattle: "Fresh, local, organic real estate"! His website is http://www.rogersteiner.com; phone (206) 204-5182; email rsvprog@gmail.com.

Posted 4 weeks ago #         
  32. Since this thread has been revived, I'll simply say that all the praise for Scott Monroe on this thread is warranted. He's a genuinely wonderful human being who is simply the most talented real estate agent I've ever met. I don't just recommend you use Scott--I insist it!

Posted 1 week ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^