WSB Forum » Freebies, Sales, Trades

(33 posts)

FREE Removal of your unwanted computers,, appliances', electronics, ETC!

• Started 1 year ago by Green Guy
  • Latest reply from Green Guy

1. Happy Holidays West Seattle! Green Guys Recycling is ready to help clear the clutter! We offer fast & free removal of your old, broken or unwanted electronics, appliances' & scrap metal. This includes, but is not limited to:

-Computer Towers (Sorry. $2.50 fee for monitors)
    -Laptops
    -Cell Phones
    -DVD & VHS Players
    -Servers & Telecom
    -Wires, Cords & Chargers
    -Washers & Dryers
    -Refridgerators
    -Microwaves
    -Dish Washers
    -Desks & File Cabnits
    -Bikes & Scooters
    -Exercise Equipment
    -Vehicles, Parts & Batteries
    -Medical Equipment
    -Lawn Mowers

Basically, if it has any metal or wires we'll take it off your hands free of charge!

If your interested in our service please contact us via e-mail or add us onFacebook and leave a message!

GreenGuysSeattle@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/GreenGuysRecycling

Support your local Honest Recycler!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. redblack
    Member Profile

redblack

once you strip off the metal for recycling, what do you do with the actual electronics - the stuff with the mercury or cadmium or whatever other poisons are in them?

those things are toxic and they cost money to dispose of, which is why most places charge at least a modest fee.

i'm sure people are definitely interested in free pickup, because no one does that around here. but we're also interested in making sure that the toxic stuff doesn't hit the landfills. or get burned in china.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. I know I am interested in what happens to the non-metal (sellable) parts after they are harvested...

Let's see if GreenGuysSeattle responds...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. Thanks for the interest & concern.

As far as the computer & electronics go, I carefully take them apart. I remove the circuit boards witch contain most the of hazardous materials you speak of. Circuit boards contain small amounts of precious metals, and thanks to the high prices these days there is a market for large quantity's of these boards. I ship them to an out-of-state refinery that has a zero-landfil guarantee. They state:

Your metals will be recovered using state-of-the-art precious metal reclamation technologies. These technologies not only maximize the precious metals recovery, they also prevent your recyclables from entering the waste stream!

As far as TV's % monitors go, I know people need them gone so I do charge a small fee. I don't take them apart due to the risk of releasing hazardous materials. I deliver them to a local non-profit to dispose of via WA State E-Cycle.

I guarantee anyone who uses my service can be rest assured any material I receive will be properly disposed of in the most eco-friendy way.

The only things I receive that may go to another country is the bikes % scooters I get. They go to Africa for kids & adults that need them.

Any additional questions?

David

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. westcoastdeb
    Member Profile

Wait. Circuit boards go out of state but the only things going out of county are bikes and scooters?
    I am confused.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. justadumbguy
    Member Profile

Deb,
    I'm guessing he missed an 'r' and meant to write the only things that go out of country .....

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. ^you are correct

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. bobc211
    Member Profile

Green Guy,

We are starting a remodel of our kitchen and have an oven, microwave, 30" electric cooktop and a trash compactor. You are welcome to any and all of them but they need to go in the next 4 days.

You can reach me at bobc211@comcast.net

Bob

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. You got mail!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  10. wakeflood
    Member Profile

wakeflood

Hey folks, I contacted the Green Guy to come and pick up a few items. Responded quickly, came on time, took the stuff as described and was on his merry way in nothing flat. No muss, no fuss.

I can't speak for what happens to the materials afterward (see his description above) but if his friendliness and attitude are any indication, this could be a good solution for you. It was for me.

Good luck and happy new year.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  11. ^Thanks for the words!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  12. green guy contact me tjbplumber1@gmail.com
    plz and thanks

Posted 1 year ago #         
  13. You got mail TJB!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  14. A big thanks to David for helping me clear out lots of unused items. I appreciate the prompt and courteous service and the chance to easily recycle and repurpose them. See you next time!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  15. New Number! 206.941.8299

Posted 1 year ago #         
  16. Thanks to everyone that has been using my service! You guys are great.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  17. Common question: "Do you guys except copy machines, printers, phones, fax machines and ink and toner cartridges"?

Answer: Yes we do!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  18. what about large tv's ?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  19. Good question. I do take small & medium TV's for free if there is at least some other recyclable material I'm picking up along with it. Like a computer or appliance. Also it must be easy to access. Larger TV's are a little harder so I do charge $5-10 unless there is a considerable amount of other recyclable materials. If all you have is a TV I must charge $5-10 because I make no profit from working or non-working TV's. I just donate them to a local non-profit. The money covers gas.

David

Posted 1 year ago #         
  20. David came out to our house this weekend. He was right on time and picked all our unwanted scrap metal. He was very courteous and we would
    definitely recommend him to others.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  21. Spring cleaning time is around the corner. Keep my service in mind for your recycling needs!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  22. marianne
    Member Profile

Janet wants to send a big thanks to Dave from Green Guys for coming to pick up her old computer gear for recycling the same day she called. Will definitely use Green Guys again!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  23. Do you take vacuum cleaners, and tower air cleaners?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  24. Yes to both!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  25. richwseattle
    Member Profile

Many thanks to the guys at Green Guys Recycling for swinging by my place and taking several old PCs and big box of cables and electronics off my hands. Very nice guys, and were able to come by at a time that was convenient for me.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  26. Crockett
    Member Profile

Tomorrow is Earth Day. Please keep my service in mind for your e-waste or scrap metal recycling needs!

David

Thanks & Happy Earth Day!

Posted 12 months ago #         
  27. David made himself available with just a few hours notice....we were doing major Spring cleaning and realized the volume and emailed him. Remembered reading the WSB thread from a few months past...thanks!!

He was polite and jovial. Sent me a follow up email on a "treasure" we had loaded up but he did not see or realize what it was. I will recommend him to our elderly neighbor who has an old computer to dispose of and cannot take in.

Thanks to Green Guy David and my best source for ALL things West Seattle, WSB!! :-)

Posted 11 months ago #         
  28. We had Green Guys come out and take a large tv. Hard working young man who does a great job. Highly recommended!

Posted 11 months ago #         
  29. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Posted 11 months ago #         
  30. Common question: "Do you guys accept BBQ grills & propane tanks"?

Answer: Yes we do!

Posted 11 months ago #         
  31. debbaduck
    Member Profile

A BIG thank you to David at Green Guys! He picked up lots of non-working electronics, big and small, for us today and was great to work with! Elizabeth

Posted 11 months ago #         
  32. Reminding all the garage salers of my service. I can take many of the item's the others can't. See my list at the top. Free pick up.

Happy WSGS day!

Posted 11 months ago #         
  33. Refresh.

Posted 10 months ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^