WSB Forum » WSB Reader Recommendations

(13 posts)

Fabulous carrot cake in West Seattle ...

1. phoenix
    Member Profile

Any ideas on where I can find homemade like, calorie worthy, & of course ... delicious carrot cake in West Seattle?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Bakery Nouveau makes a delish carrot cake. It's pretty rich so I'd invite friends over to share. :-)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Barry2012
    Member Profile

Second the Bakery Nouveau response. Its amazing!! (as is everything there)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. I have an amazing recipe for a cardamom-spiced carrot cake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting if you're inclined to make it yourself. It is soooooo delicious!!!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. So Add, are you offering the recipe? You had me at cardamom - love that spice and in a delicious carrot cake, yumm..

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. add, PLEASE share that recipe with us!

As for where to buy carrot cake, PCC has some carrot cake cupcakes that are really tasty. You can buy them individually or in a 4 pack usually.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. celeste17
    Member Profile

celeste17

We need to do a recipe thread. We could post our favorites or make suggestions on what you would do to make it different.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. pigeonmom
    Member Profile

pigeonmom

add, I'd love to have that recipe too, it sounds delicious. Ditto Franci, I'm a sucker for anything with cardamom in it.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. pigeonmom
    Member Profile

pigeonmom
  10. Years ago when my grandmother was ill, one of her friends brought over to her house, a fresh baked loaf of cardamom bread. Oh I tried so hard to get the recipe from her, it was the best bread I think I've ever had, and I've had some exceptional bread.

It was kind of like a challah, with cardamom and maybe a little extra sugar, it was just a tad sweet. Yumm..

Posted 1 year ago #         
  11. pigeonmom
    Member Profile

pigeonmom

Ballard Market used to carry a similar challah like bread with orange and cardamom. I can't remember what bakery it was from.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  12. @pigeonmom - YES, that's the recipe!! Definitely an investment of time but it is incredibly delicious, especially the next day ... for breakfast. :) I doubled the amount of cardamom so that the flavor really came through. One thing - the layers tend to "slide", so I might frost the first layer and let it set a little, then do the second layer, let it set, then do the top and sides. I kept it upright with some bamboo skewers but next time I might just do a layer at a time. And there WILL be a next time!! Bon appetit everyone.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  13. phoenix
    Member Profile

Ask you and you shall receive. Yet, another reason I appreciate our WSB. Thank you everyone for letting me know where I can get a "worthy piece" of carrot cake, and for the mouth watering recipe. I look forward to trying my hand at the recipe, and I'll be taking a couple of culinary field trips to Bakery Nouveau and PCC.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^