WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(4 posts)

Did you find a cashier's check?

• Started 1 year ago by jojofrenchfry
  • Latest reply from jojofrenchfry

1. jojofrenchfry
    Member Profile

I dropped it somewhere in the Roxbury Safeway on the afternoon/early evening of December 21st. Since there is no way to cancel a cashier's check, I'm lost without it.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Giving this a bump.

Hope it turns up, jojo.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. jojofrenchfry, I'm sorry to hear this. Have you spoken to the bank that issued it? While I believe it's technically true that they can't do a "stop payment," there are certain circumstances that can allow a bank to refuse payment on the check in some states if lost and you fill out an affidavit and/or file a claim - just not sure if this is one of them.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. jojofrenchfry
    Member Profile

Yes, I've spoken with the bank. It's not completely bad news. After 90 days, I can file a lost claim affidavit and possibly get the money back if the check has not been cashed. I am still crossing my fingers that it turns up over the next few days.

(I walked over my route in the store about 10 times and have spoken with Safeway's lost and found).

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^