WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(6 posts)

"Charley Brown" (unsheared) trees

1. We were sad to find out that our reliable source for these trees (Herr Lumber in Burien) is no longer in business. Most lots don't carry them anymore, but we prefer them to the sheared trees. If you notice any that do, we'd appreciate knowing about them!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Julie: my mom just told me today that she got her tree @ Herr?!?!?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. have you tried Chubby and Tubby on Aurora at about 170th?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. Irukandji
    Member Profile

Irukandji

Though we got a larger tree, it was unsheared: we picked it from Tony's on 35th. Holy Rosary wasn't open when I had tree drivers, so we stopped by Tony's. It's the quirkiest and happiest tree I've had EVER. The downside: it was expensive, and it didn't earn me a thank you note from someone else's kid. I love those wacky branches.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. anonyme
    Member Profile

Buy a live one in a pot. You'll both be happier.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. jissy, it turns out that although Herr is indeed closed, Burien Bark is selling trees at that location--and, at the express behest of the former owner of Herr, carries the un-sheared trees--and very nice ones, too. Hurray!

For anyone else on a similar quest, they are at the south west corner of 1st South and 160th in Burien.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^