WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(5 posts)

Can you sew tarp, tent, awning? Collaborative project for homeless.

1. My2Cents
    Member Profile

I'm looking for someone who has the machine and skills to help me make a simple design for sheltering anyone who needs it. In light of recent events we have seen that there are all sorts of reasons people might need emergency shelter. I have a simple design that I would like to have produced. If things work out as they could, as I hope, then there may be future opportunity. Let's work together to make some kind of difference and help get the ball rolling.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. My2Cents, I have neither the machine, nor the skills, but I do thank you for this, and hope there's folks out there that can help!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Bump!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. funkietoo
    Member Profile

What a great idea. Thank you My2Cents.

There are some industrial sewing businesses around town. Perhaps they would let you 'sew' at their place of business?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. What about contacting West Seattle Fabric Company? Maybe the owner would let you put up a notice or put the word out to customers.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^