WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(4 posts)

Business Accountant?

1. Barry2012
    Member Profile

Hi WSB,

My husband and I are looking for an accountant to give us some tax advice and basic assistance with our construction company. Can anyone make any suggestions for us? We dont necessarily need a CPA (which can be quite a bit more expensive) any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  2. skeeter
    Member Profile

I don't have any references but I do have a couple resources for you.

The Washington State Society of Certified Public Accountants has a referral database:

http://www.wscpa.org/public/referral/findcpa.aspx

The Washington State Board of Accountancy has a great section for consumers:

http://www.cpaboard.wa.gov/

It is true that CPAs will often charge more than non-CPAs. The advantage of hiring a CPA, though, is you are working with a person who has a license issued by the state.

Other business owners might have more specific recommendations. Good luck!

Posted 2 years ago #         
  3. Bostonman
    Member Profile

If you want I can talk to you or meet for coffee and you can explain what you are looking for and at the very least I can tell you if you should hire a full on CPA firm or if you just need a basic bookkeeper with some tax exposure.

Up to you. Depending on the work load I might be able to help you. 9 years of my 20 in Accounting have been with real estate companies working in mergers, acquisitions, development on both the GC and the owner side.

I am pretty busy at work which is why I say I might be able to help you.

Posted 2 years ago #         
  4. Try Stacie At Courtesy Accounting 206-932-4855
    She and her staff at Great!
    My husband and I own construction company, She has been our accountant since 1990.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^