WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(4 posts)

Business Accountant?

  1. Barry2012
    Member Profile

    Hi WSB,

    My husband and I are looking for an accountant to give us some tax advice and basic assistance with our construction company. Can anyone make any suggestions for us? We dont necessarily need a CPA (which can be quite a bit more expensive) any advice is greatly appreciated.


    Posted 3 years ago #         
  2. skeeter
    Member Profile

    I don't have any references but I do have a couple resources for you.

    The Washington State Society of Certified Public Accountants has a referral database:

    The Washington State Board of Accountancy has a great section for consumers:

    It is true that CPAs will often charge more than non-CPAs. The advantage of hiring a CPA, though, is you are working with a person who has a license issued by the state.

    Other business owners might have more specific recommendations. Good luck!

    Posted 3 years ago #         
  3. Bostonman
    Member Profile

    If you want I can talk to you or meet for coffee and you can explain what you are looking for and at the very least I can tell you if you should hire a full on CPA firm or if you just need a basic bookkeeper with some tax exposure.

    Up to you. Depending on the work load I might be able to help you. 9 years of my 20 in Accounting have been with real estate companies working in mergers, acquisitions, development on both the GC and the owner side.

    I am pretty busy at work which is why I say I might be able to help you.

    Posted 3 years ago #         
  4. Try Stacie At Courtesy Accounting 206-932-4855
    She and her staff at Great!
    My husband and I own construction company, She has been our accountant since 1990.

    Posted 2 years ago #         

RSS feed for this topic


You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2005-2015, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^