WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(14 posts)

Black helicopters?

• Started 4 years ago by Anonymous
  • Latest reply from Anonymous

1. Anonymous
    Member Profile

2 black helicopters just flew by my house on beach drive north of lowman beach. Any idea what's going on? I have an unobstructed view of the sound and mountains and they were flying veryy low.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  2. mcwhite72
    Member Profile

I saw them on my way home but I was too far away to get any idea of what they were doing.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  3. Wednesday
    Member Profile

Don't know, but I saw them too while at Lincoln Park. Probably military going to Whidbey. I got a poor photo of one through the trees but just looks like a small black helicopter.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  4. christopherboffoli
    Member Profile

I'm curious as to why black helicopters would elicit a suspicion that something is going down as opposed to seeing white airplanes overhead. What is it about the former that is so compelling?

Posted 4 years ago #         
  5. What is it about helicopters that make West Seattle snap to attention?

Helicopters fly low (because they can, and they have to due to SEATAC airspace issues), so you'll notice them more than planes, they're no big deal, just a mode of transportation. Military helicopters often fly in pairs, or more, and are often dark green or black for obvious reasons (so bad guys can't see them and shoot at them). Sometimes helicopters are rented out by photographers or GIS types to get a picture or gather data from a unique perspective. I work downtown and see the Coast Guard helicopters flying back and forth all day, nearly everyday. No big deal.

When we see tanks rolling over the West Seattle bridge, let's all freak out.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  6. Leroniusmonkfish
    Member Profile

Leroniusmonkfish

Any reports of mutilated cows in the area?

Posted 4 years ago #         
  7. Anonymous
    Member Profile

I knew shouldn't have opened my big mouth.....

I quit drinking about 5 years ago but it looks like it is time to start up again. Jim Beam here I come.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  8. CallMeAl
    Member Profile

CallMeAl

once you go black...

Posted 4 years ago #         
  9. If those tanks make it over the bridge without the bridge collapsing, THEN I'll freak out.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  10. charlabob
    Member Profile

charlabob

Semiseriously, the county sheriff and city PD been doing helicopter training over west seattle and white center for a while. I do not know how we were selected; maybe Christopher can get a ride with 'em and tell us. :-)

No cows, but I do have a suspicious crop circle in my backyard bluebells. Does that count?

Posted 4 years ago #         
  11. trensuela
    Member Profile

trensuela

I want a ride on a hellicopter. If we are paying for them and they are flying over our houses they should give us free rides. It would so much more fun than the ride at Luna Park Cafe.

Posted 4 years ago #         
  12. damn...where's my aluminium foil hat??

Posted 4 years ago #         
  13. trensuela..I don't think they have beer volcanos on helicopters.
    May the sauce be with you.

:)

Posted 4 years ago #         
  14. Anonymous
    Member Profile

I was waiting for them to stop and hoover then turn and look at each other like the movie "capricorn one" with OJ Simpson and the guy from Law and Order.

Posted 4 years ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^