WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(11 posts)

Best thing that happened in WS in 2012

• Started 1 year ago by Alki-WS
  • Latest reply from Genesee Hill

1. Alki-WS
    Member Profile

What was the best thing that happened in WS in 2012.

SDOT finally completing the Spokane Street Viaduct certainly made getting home from Seattle CBD a lot easier.

Any other items of note?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Escondido
    Member Profile

This has been happening for a while but I have found that with so many new businesses, I hardly have to leave West Seattle to shop. And I love the deepening feeling of community here- although that has always been strong- it feels as though it is getting even better. Pretty special place we have here.

Alki-WS, I agree about the Viaduct.... especially the First Avenue on-ramp/off-ramp which is excellent.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. The Velvet Bulldog
    Member Profile

I'm sure there are a jillion things we don't even know about, but I'm giving a shout-out to my friend MIWS who moved back into his own apartment after a couple of years of homelessness and hard work. And to my friend JanS who got to go back home after a too-long stint in the hospital. You go you wacky kids!!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. i second The Velvet Bulldog..

and wish both of them and even better 2013

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. :-)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. a healthy community is built one person at a time

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. ElizabethElaine
    Member Profile

ElizabethElaine

Trader Joe's opening was pretty neat, but hearing about good news for other West Seattlites is more so!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. well, thanks for the kind words....I'm...blushing :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. The community rallying quickly to prevent a zipline in Lincoln Park.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  10. when this community puts it's collective head together, it can accomplish many things :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  11. Genesee Hill
    Member Profile

Genesee Hill

Rapid Ride. Rapid Ride. Rapid Ride. PLUS. Rite Aid selling liquor and still offering beer and wine at cheap prices.

Win, win, win, and win.

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^