WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(6 posts)

Bamboo Flooring Installation

• Started 1 year ago by fl2112
  • Latest reply from West Side Golfer

1. I am looking for a recommendation for a professional and experienced person to install bamboo flooring in my West Seattle home. Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. Rethink bamboo. It does NOT wear well at all. You can not fix scratches or dents. Like rolling an office chair pits the floor something horrible.

Especially if it is in a high traffic area.

A lot of my clients are not to pleased with it. I have it too and do not like it at all.

Otherwise the that bamboo place on 4th do ok

HH

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. Thanks HH. I already have bamboo in part of my house and want to keep things consistent. The place (Bamboo Hardwoods) on 4th no longer does installation. Thus, my quest to find someone qualified to install continues.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. MY handyman can, he lives in west seattle his name is Marty

206-588-9354

HH

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. wakeflood
    Member Profile

wakeflood

I have a friend in flooring wholesale who I chatted with today. Most of the issues with poor performance were with 1st gen. bamboo. New stuff is now like a sliced acrylic block with bamboo fibers. More durable and scratch resistant but does expand and contract alot. Installers need to allow twice as much expansion space as other hardwood products.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. West Side Golfer
    Member Profile

Hello, I sell flooring for a living and can help you if you are still looking for assistance. Im happy to discuss with you and probably send out our installer to give you a bid. Let me know, thanks!

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^