WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(18 posts)

Another JanS update

1. I am now in a private room at Providence Mt. St. Vincent (The Mount). I had requested one if it came available, and, voila, one did this afternoon. For those who care it's Rm 524....the phone # is 206-937-3700 Ext.35241.

I'm mostly wheelchair bound, due to having a skin graft on the top of my right foot. Yeah, I know...go in for heart surgery...and they do everything over - lol.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. I am now in a private room at Providence Mt. St. Vincent (The Mount). I had requested one if it came available....

That request was fulfilled pretty quickly!

Hint: Now request a different private room. Oh, say, somewhere up in the Admiral District, like across form Safeway, or something.... ;-)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  3. no kidding.I am sooo working on that :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. I dropped in on Jan yesterday as she was headed out the door to dialysis. This room is a real improvement on her last hospital hotel...

i even heard her joke with the nurses that they should save her a glass of wine to go with the Italian dinner they put aside for her late night return from dialysis...

Oh.. and although she is supposed to use the wheelchair for longer jaunts..
    i did see her standing on her own two feet yesterday.

one caveat.. i delivered her cane so she now has a much longer reach..
    and i don't think she is afraid to use it ;->

seriously.. the medicine Jan needs most right now is to reconnect with the life she had to set aside while she battled complications...
    and that means us.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. I had a nice visit with Jan the other day just after she moved to the new room. She seems in much better spirits than last I saw her, and I'm hoping that she's finally turned the corner into getting better without more complications!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. update, update !! (for those who care - lol)
    Saw my heart surgeon today, and I am cleared to work, only one minor restriction. So, I am healed from that particular part of this whole thing, where it all started. Now, if I could only walk, life would be grand. Hopefully, that's healing satisfactorily. I will know more tomorrow morning :). Light at the end of the tunnel...closer to home :) YAY!

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. That's great news, Jan! And yes, you bet we care.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  8. Yay, Jan! Glad you're still on the mend. Do they have a date yet that they're sending you home, or still working on that?

Posted 1 year ago #         
  9. still working on that, Sue. I have to be completely ambulatory to go home. Foot skin graft has to heal enough to allow me to walk and go up stairs...hopefully, soon...

Posted 1 year ago #         
  10. it's good to finally have a goal within reach :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  11. Yes!

Jan, I was going to tell you, it might be a few more days before I can get back to the Mount to see you, as I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days, so am staying in and down.

But, the way you're kicking butt there, maybe I'll be visiting you at home, in a few days, instead!

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  12. well, there is a great possibility that I will be going home next Wednesday. Of course, it ain't a done deal until it's a done deal...but I'll keep hoping. Today is 8 weeks away and counting ! Yes, some good news for a change :)

Posted 1 year ago #         
  13. looks like I'm repeating myself this morning :D

Posted 1 year ago #         

14. Posted 1 year ago #         

15. Posted 1 year ago #         
  16. (And news that is [potentially] this great is well worth repeating!) ;-)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago #         
  17. Betty T
    Member Profile

Real cute Mike.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  18. pssst miws
    jan's not supposed to jump on the bed

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^