And now for something completely different

The rain stopped. The voting’s over. I waited all the way up till what looks to be the very last vote-count update of the night morning, for one last pounding of proof that I voted out of the mainstream. (Go enjoy your lap dances with abandon, kids.) So now let’s talk about something cheerier. Thanksgiving is two weeks from tomorrow. If you can spare a turkey or two, the White Center Food Bank needs 1,500 of ’em. (We found this out at the Gathering of Neighbors last weekend; a nice lady from the 34th District Dems told a friend of ours that she volunteers at the WCFB and was sad to see last year that they only had turkey “quarters” to hand out to families in need.) Also, you can get some immediate return on your generosity at Southwest Pool tonight and tomorrow night, when Public Swim admission is only two bucks if you bring at least one can o’food for their food drive.

1 Reply to "And now for something completely different"

• don hicks November 8, 2006 (3:46 pm)

Hindquarters are a lot better than nothing. Excuse me, but I do not feel that I have to give everyone in this world a full Thanksgiving dinner, when a whole lot of people (including those dirty street people) need a basic subsistence meal. When we feed all, I’ll worry about holidays.

Sorry, comment time is over.