WSB Forum » Open Discussion

(7 posts)

Amber Alert Text Message

• Started 1 year ago by anonymous123
  • Latest reply from shed22

1. anonymous123
    Member Profile

Any news on the Amber Alert just sent out (I have a Verizon phone so I'm not sure if it's only Verizon phones...)? That was the scariest sound my phone has ever made....

Posted 1 year ago #         
  2. luckymom30
    Member Profile

3. Surprised me too. Was going to disable it, but figure it's probably best to leave it enabled. Settings -> Notifications -> scroll all the way down.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  4. I recently switched to Verizon and was at work when the Amber Alert came through my phone, and most of my co-workers too. VERY distinct tone and impossible to ignore. BRILLIANT service. Why haven't all the carriers done this? It would work for emergency broadcasts too, in the case of natural disaster. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to find the message after I'd clicked on dismiss. It doesn't show up in my text messages queue.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  5. I was watching TV at the time it came through on my phone -- was interested to note that the Alert didn't come on TV until 26 minutes after it rang on my phone.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  6. admiralmom
    Member Profile

jasperblu verizon does it for severe weather warnings too! the first time we hunted all over the house looking for that damn noise! we thought we left a tv or radio on somewhere.

Posted 1 year ago #         
  7. I'd like to be alerted! T-mobile/Android phone. Looked through settings. Couldn't find Amber or Weather Alert options. Any recs?

Posted 1 year ago #         

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^