Want your West Seattle event/meeting/performance to be listed here? Please send basic info AT LEAST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE to email@example.com – thanks! Please include full details AS PLAIN TEXT IN YOUR E-MAIL, *not* in an attached doc/poster/flyer/etc. A web link for more info helps too. Thank you!
UPCOMING TRAFFIC ALERTS, HIGHWAY CLOSURES, ROAD WORK, click here
ADMIRAL THEATER SCHEDULE (back by request!)
How to use this calendar: Mouse over any entry to show the “plus” sign at right; click it to expand the item for more info without leaving this page; click “read more” for the FULL listing, usually including a map, plus a chance to post a comment/question.
Join us for the West Seattle Food Bank’s 2nd Annual “A Grand Affair”, Cocktail Benefit on Friday evening, September 29th beginning at 6:00 pm at Westland Distillery in Seattle’s Sodo District. Bring your friends to this fun event that will celebrate the Food Bank’s achievements in helping our neighbors in need with food and other services.
This Roaring 20’s themed party will feature:
Casino Style Gaming with a chance to win prizes
Hosted Wine, Beer & Heavy Hors D’oeuvres
Whiskey Tasting • Themed Cocktails • Photo Booth
Raffles • Live Auction • Funds for Food
Dress: Cocktail Attire, Era Costumes Encouraged
Tickets: $65/guest until September 15th
$75/guest after September 15th
Each guest will receive $10,000 worth of gaming chips with their ticket. Winnings will be exchanged for raffle tickets for a chance to win prizes.
All proceeds from A Grand Affair will allow us to continue to provide quality, healthy food and the necessities of living to our neighbors in need through our on-going essentials programs:
· The FOOD BANK which distributes 1.5 million pounds of food and spends $250,000 on food purchases
· The BABY & CHILD CORNER which provides $250,000 worth of diapers, baby food, formula, strollers, car seats, toys, furniture and other essential infant and child accessories
· The BACKPACK PROGRAM which provides 300 school children at risk of hunger with a “backpack” of nutritious and healthy meals for the weekend
· The MOBILE FOOD BANK which brings food weekly to the homes of senior and disabled individuals who can’t make it to the food bank
· The PET PANTRY which distributes over 12,000 pounds of pet food to those that need help caring for their furry friends
· The BOOKCASE distributes 12,000 donated adult & children’s books yearly to encourage reading
For more information go to: www.westseattlefoodbank.org. Donations of funds, food, pet food or books are always welcome at 3419 SW Morgan St. at the corner of 35th & Morgan, Monday-Friday 9 am–3 pm.