Want your West Seattle event/meeting/performance to be listed here? Please send basic info AT LEAST ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE to firstname.lastname@example.org – thanks! PLEASE include full details AS PLAIN TEXT IN YOUR E-MAIL, *not* in an attached doc/poster/flyer/etc. A web link for more info helps too. Thank you!
UPCOMING TRAFFIC ALERTS, HIGHWAY CLOSURES, ROAD WORK, click here
ADMIRAL THEATER SCHEDULE (back by request!)
How to use this calendar: Mouse over any entry to show the “plus” sign at right; click it to expand the item for more info without leaving this page; click “read more” for the FULL listing, usually including a map, plus a chance to post a comment/question.
Join us for the West Seattle Food Bank’s “A Grand Affair”, a Roaring 20’s themed cocktail fundraising event on Friday evening, September 16th beginning at 6:00 pm at Westland Distillery in Seattle’s Sodo District. Bring your friends to this fun event that will celebrate the Food Bank’s achievements in helping our neighbors who are in need of a little help with food and other services. The evening will be filled with casino style gaming with celebrity dealers Marty Riemer and Jodi Brothers, morning hosts at JET95.7 and a chance to win prizes; hosted wine, beer & hors d’oeuvres; whiskey tasting, themed cocktails, a photo booth, live auction and Funds for Food. Dress is cocktail attire but era costumes are encouraged.
Tickets are $65/guest in advance and $600 for a group of 10 (paid at one time). Each guest will receive $30,000 worth of play chips with the purchase of ticket. To purchase a ticket go to:
All proceeds from A Grand Affair will allow us to continue to provide quality, healthy food and the necessities of living to our neighbors in need through our on-going essentials programs:
· The FOOD BANK which distributes 1.5 million pounds of food and spends $250,000 on food purchases
· The BABY & CHILD CORNER which provides $250,000 worth of diapers, baby food, formula, strollers, car seats, toys, furniture and other essential infant and child accessories
· The BACKPACK PROGRAM which provides 300 school children at risk of hunger with a “backpack” of nutritious and healthy meals for the weekend
· The MOBILE FOOD BANK which brings food weekly to the homes of senior and disabled individuals who can’t make it to the food bank
· The PET PANTRY which distributes over 12,000 pounds of pet food to those that need help caring for their furry friends
· The BOOKCASE distributes 12,000 donated adult & children’s books yearly to encourage reading
For more information go to: www.westseattlefoodbank.org. Donations of funds, food, pet food or books are always welcome at 3419 SW Morgan St. at the corner of 35th & Morgan, Monday-Friday 9 am–3 pm.