The Annual “Art Under $100” sale is Saturday December 12, in Seattle’s Georgetown/Sodo neighborhood with more artists than ever before!
When: Saturday, December 12th, 2–8 pm
Price: Free Entry beginning at 2:00 pm, Free Parking, VIP Hour from 1:00-2:00 pm for $20 through Brown Paper Tickets
Where: Seattle Design Center’s Atrium, 5701 6th Ave South
Art Under $100 is almost doubling in size this year, with 70 amazing artists convening at the Seattle Design Center on Saturday, December 12, from 2-8 p.m. New this year is a ticketed VIP hour from 1-2pm, which allows patrons to get first pick of the coveted affordable artwork, along with champagne and chocolate. The beloved event continues to gather momentum, celebrating its eleventh year in a spacious venue in Georgetown/SODO. For holiday shoppers, AU100 offers an unsurpassed opportunity to discover unique, affordable art while supporting local artists.
Art Under $100 began in a residential garage in the South Park neighborhood. Wendy Woldenberg remembers, “We had about 100 people at our first sale. Each year it grows. Last year we hosted more than 2400 guests. People are drawn by the quality of the art, the opportunity to purchase it directly from the artists, and because it’s a party!” South Park Arts President Raina Anderson notes, “It’s real art, and it’s really affordable– that’s what brings people back year after year.”
So what exactly happens at the fun and festive event known as AU100?
· The ART: Paintings, sculptures, jewelry, textiles, photography, blown glass, cast glass, stained glass, wood, encaustic, dioramas, woodblock printing, letterpress and more! And nothing priced over $100.
· There’s art made by YOU: Create a handmade treasure with The Makery, a free art lab that runs on reclaimed materials and creativity–the perfect, kid-friendly, family fun activity.
· AU100 VIP HOUR: Have a blissful hour of early shopping (from 1:00-2:00 pm) with easy access to all 70 artists. Enjoy champagne, chocolates, special guests, and Art raffles just for you. Proceeds from the VIP Hour benefit South Park Arts.
· Plus there’s MUSIC: Vinyl spinning DJs provide a live soundtrack.
· FOOD & DRINK: 314 Pie and other food trucks will be on site. Delicious beer, wine, and the signature cocktail for the 21+ crowd and fine coffee from bicycle-powered Café Red. Soft drinks, Seattle Chocolates , and Seattle Popcorn, too!
· And there’s the infamous AU100 RAFFLE: The Mysterious Bugle Boy and several surprise local celebrities will announce Art Raffle winners every 20 minutes. Winners pick their prizes from Art by participating artists.
· Purchase the South Park Arts commemorative glow-in-the-dark t-shirts, aprons, and sweatshirts designed by graphic artist onesevennine specially for AU100.
· South Park Bridge live paintings will be on auction at AU100, as well as limited edition calendars of these special pieces.
Bring your friends and mingle. Find the perfect gift, and enjoy your holiday shopping. Don’t miss the AU100 party at SDC!