|When:||Back to Calendar October 19, 2014 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Where:||High Point Library
3411 Southwest Raymond Street
|Categories:||Advocacy Community Meetings|
1. Avalon Substation – How should it be developed?
2. Update on goals of retaining and repurposing city owned land, including 34 surplus substations and other public land in Seattle.
3. Congratulations on the formerly West Seattle Green Space Coalition expanding to other neighborhoods in the city to become the Seattle Green Space Coalition. We just collected 150 signatures from Ballard residents supporting repurposing of their surplus substations.
4. Discussion on formalizing SGSC’s structure, along with invitations to all participants to join our group and contribute your talents. (We need your opinions, feedback, and other talents. We also need people with communication skills and the ability to use Social Media and technology.)
1. Please invite your young friends and family to participate in SGSC’s Poetry Contest open to all young people 11 -19 who would like to write a poem dedicated to saving Nature, Green Space and Open Space for their future.
Thank you for taking the first step by signing our petition last fall in West Seattle at various locations including our Farmers Market. Your 700 signatures have impressed the City Council and Departments. We hope to have your continued support in the future.
No Comments yet »
All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^