Above are Jei and Sonia, co-proprietors of Straight Blast Gym of Seattle (WSB sponsor). Jei turned blue for this recent photo in honor of a promise he made when the SBG crowdfunding campaign hit a milestone; that campaign is now 86 percent of the way to its goal. But that’s not why we’re mentioning them tonight. SBG is inviting you to help them help a nonprofit with a last-minute school-supplies drive:
New Beginnings-Ending Domestic Violence is a fantastic organization that has asked us to run a school-supplies drive. They provide “services to those whose lives have been affected by domestic violence – physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. Some who use our services are in physical danger. Others are living with controlling partners in relationships that are emotionally abusive. Explore our site to learn how to get help, how to get involved, how to donate and how to learn more about domestic violence in our community.”
I know this is semi-last minute; we have until the end of August to collect items. We’ll be taking donations in the front room next to the couch. If you’re shopping for your child, or at Target, grab something… every little bit counts.
– Backpacks (Ninja Turtles, Princesses, Sports, Solid Colors, etc.
– Scientific Calculators,USB Drives, Protractors
– Highlighters, rulers, pencil sleeves
– Coloring pencils
– Glue sticks and Elmers glue
– 3-ring Binders, zip-up 3-ring Binders
– Mechanical pencils (with extra lead)
– Refillable water bottles
– Folders with cool Designs
Back to School clothes
– Boys boxers/boxer briefs (S, M, L, XL),
– Men’s boxers/boxer briefs (S, M)
– Girls leggings (S, M, L, XL)
– Sweatshirts in youth sizes
Gift certificates for new school outfits:
– Target, H&M, Forever 21, Pac-sun
Whatever you can donate, drop it off at SBG, which is at 5050 Delridge Way SW (map).