Transportation seems to be the theme tonight. One more round of road work announced by SDOT for next week – this is another try at the traction improvements that didn’t quite work out the first time around on two of West Seattle’s steepest hills, back in May (with a different method). Tonight’s announcement:
The Seattle Department of Transportation will conduct shot blasting to make traction improvements at two locations in West Seattle and one in Magnolia next week. Shot blasting will propel a high-speed stream of abrasive material at the street surface to roughen it and create a better grip for vehicles. Dates are subject to change. Flaggers will be on site at road closures to provide local access and guidance. This work will be completed in a single weekday at each location and will take place between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. The following describes the scheduled roadway closures:
Aug. 12: SW Charlestown Street between 49th Avenue SW and California Avenue SW (local access only)
· Work zone is SW Charlestown Street between 47th Avenue SW and 45th Avenue SW
· Eastbound traffic detoured via 49th Avenue SW, SW Admiral Way, and California Avenue SW
· Westbound traffic detoured via California Avenue SW, SW Admiral Way, and 49th Avenue SW
Aug. 13: SW Genesee Street between SW Avalon Way and Delridge Way SW (local access only)
· Work zone is SW Genesee Street between SW Avalon Way and 30th Avenue SW
· Eastbound traffic detoured via SW Avalon Way, SW Yancy Street, 28th Avenue SW, SW Andover Street, and Delridge Way SW
· Westbound traffic detoured via Delridge Way SW, SW Andover Street, 28th Avenue SW, SW Yancy Street, and SW Avalon Way
Sorry, comment time is over.
All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^