Update: Missing man found ‘safe and sound’

May 31, 2014 at 5:10 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 17 Comments

(UPDATED 4:29 AM SUNDAY with word that he’s been found)

ORIGINAL REPORT, 5:10 PM: Have you seen this man? Seattle Police are trying to find him :

Seattle Police are looking for this developmentally disabled male. He was last seen this afternoon at 12:30 pm, riding a blue bicycle on Alki beach. He is a 26 year old mixed race male, wearing a gray T-shirt with “West Seattle High School” printed on the front. He was also wearing brown/blue plaid shorts and sandals. Please call 911 if you see him.

(Photo added, 5:29 pm)

8:55 PM: He is still missing, according to SPD, which has just tweeted the alert citywide, adding that the missing man’s name is Vincent.

11:14 PM: No updates, but it appears Guardian One revisited West Seattle to help take a look this past half-hour:

4:30 AM: SPD says the search is over – and ended a ways away:

4:49 AM: And we also have confirmation from Southwest Precinct Sgt. Neil Larkin that Vincent’s been found “safe and sound.”

1. Please if anyone sees anything call 911 immediately. I know his family is anxious awaiting news. The bike he is riding belongs to wheel fun rental on Alki and should be marked.

Comment by Kennedy — 6:39 pm May 31, 2014 #

2. Any update on this? Are any of the king county SAR groups coming out to help look?

Comment by alkiruse — 8:54 pm May 31, 2014 #

3. Praying for a safe return. Scary.

Comment by Nwmama — 10:41 pm May 31, 2014 #

4. Any word? Vincent is from my neighborhood, hope he’s ok. I was out looking earlier, hoping to see him.

Comment by Sunny.206 — 10:53 pm May 31, 2014 #

5. He and his mom are my neighbor….very tragic that he’s missing. My prayers that he’s found unharmed.

Comment by onceachef — 11:01 pm May 31, 2014 #

6. I wish I had something new to report. Nothing since the update that SPD had tweeted info citywide. We just drove through Alki to look for any signs of police/searchers, didn’t see anything but the expected Saturday nightlife. We’ll update as soon as we hear anything; I’m also going to put his photo atop the sidebar since otherwise this story will be moving down the page. – TR

Comment by WSB — 11:09 pm May 31, 2014 #

7. I saw him on beach drive just around the light house. He was at the beach walking towards the water. It was around 1 pm. Hope and pray for his safe return.

Comment by diane — 11:40 pm May 31, 2014 #

8. Diane – Did you provide that information to the police?

Comment by Megan — 11:49 pm May 31, 2014 #

9. Diane, Have you reported your sighting to police?
    Keeping Vincent and his family in my thoughts, hope he is home soon.

Comment by seewhatsealionsstart — 11:54 pm May 31, 2014 #

10. Diane, please report it. It would be helpful knowing he was around the light house around 1pm. Hopefully we can make a timeline of his moments.

Comment by Kennedy — 12:38 am June 1, 2014 #

11. We have been monitoring the blog and did follow up on Diane’s post. Please though if you have any information on Vincent call 911 and let us know. We want to get him home and safe as soon as possible.

Comment by OfficerFriendly — 1:17 am June 1, 2014 #

12. SPD has just tweeted that “missing 26-year-old” was found safe in Bothell. I’m pretty sure they mean Vincent – hoping to confirm that before I go off watch in half an hour or so.

Comment by WSB — 3:58 am June 1, 2014 #

13. Thank goodness.

Comment by ScubaFrog — 6:40 am June 1, 2014 #

14. Glad to hear that Vincent is safe.

Mike

Comment by miws — 7:37 am June 1, 2014 #

15. has SPD confirmed that the man they found is indeed Vincent?

Comment by onceachef — 10:03 am June 1, 2014 #

16. thanks to Officer Friendly for chiming in. The communication (and monitoring of this site) is so appreciated :)

Glad he’s been found safe and sound…was a great day for an adventure, it seems :)

Comment by JanS — 12:50 pm June 1, 2014 #

17. I don’t know “Officer Friendly’s” identity but I also appreciate that Sgt. Larkin e-mailed from the precinct to confirm that Vincent had been found – it was about half an hour after SPD media relations tweeted “missing 26-year-old found” and without a link or other details, I didn’t want to assume Vincent is who the tweeter meant, so I sent a followup tweet but got no reply **understandably, since media relations was by then dealing with the Leschi double murder**. I hadn’t intended to pull another all-nighter but really was hoping to hear good news before going off-duty for a while. – TR

Comment by WSB — 12:58 pm June 1, 2014 #