West Seattle’s newest Little Free Library: 4502 Glenn Way

April 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm | In West Seattle books, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

Add another Little Free Library to the list of West Seattle’s LFLs! Joan shared the photo of this one that’s new this week at 4502 Glenn Way SW (map), explaining, “It has great finds of books: fiction, biographies, science, art, history and medical books and 2 children’s books!” The official LFL map has a dozen others in this area, some of which we’ve been honored to feature here.

1. I’ve been impressed with the carpentry with all the small libraries I’ve seen.

Comment by timh2o — 9:22 pm April 18, 2014 #

2. I know I should know this – just not sure how these work. Do you take a book, read it and return it? can you bring more books to it? What are the rules around this so I know how to use it properly. Thanks.

Comment by Bee — 4:24 am April 19, 2014 #

3. @Bee – you’ll find the answers in the LFL’s FAQ section (link).
    18. Can anyone contribute and take books from a Library? Does the exact book taken have to be returned?
    Yes, absolutely; anyone may contribute or take books. The more the merrier! If you take a book (or two) from a Library, you do not need to return that exact book at any point. However, in order to keep the Little Library full of good choices for the whole neighborhood, the next time you swing by the Library bring a few books to share. Little Libraries function on the honor system; everyone contributes to ensure there are always quality books inside. This way, we all win!

Comment by Mookie — 8:49 am April 19, 2014 #

4. We have such a great community- I just want to put out there for LFL folks that if their book collections ever run a little low, I’m sure there are many who would be happy to contribute. It’s such a neat community project!

Comment by Katie — 9:40 am April 19, 2014 #

5. Take them, keep them if you’d like, return them to someone else’s library, leave some of yours,it doesn’t matter. We find that folks leave more than they take and our little library is crammed most of the time.

Please, come take some books!

Comment by karen — 11:30 am April 19, 2014 #

6. My idea is to go to the little library, and bring along a few books I’ve already read and would like to donate. Then, if I find a few books I’d like to borrow/take with I can give those books of mine in exchange–to the little library– when I do. That way, the little library remains stocked!! Believe me, I’ve got some good reads too!! :)
    –book lover and wanna-be librarian

Comment by Amy — 6:39 pm April 19, 2014 #

7. I’ve been thinking about building one for a while, thanks for the inspiration!

Comment by Add — 7:38 am April 20, 2014 #