West Seattle businesses: Carter’s opens this week at Westwood

April 1, 2014 at 3:18 pm | In West Seattle businesses, West Seattle news | 11 Comments

A new store opens tomorrow at Westwood Village: Carter’s, a national chain of stores selling clothing for babies and children. (We first reported back in November that Carter’s was on the way.) A store manager tells us they’re having a “soft-open” event 4-9 pm tomorrow, and then Thursday is the official grand opening. Their hours will be 10 am-9 pm Mondays-Saturdays, 10 am-7 pm Sundays. (If you haven’t been to Westwood lately, it’s on the west-facing side of the mid-section, in the row of businesses that stretches from Eats Market CafĂ© to Pier 1 Imports.)

1. CARTERS! YES the best infant and toddler clothing there is, so glad they are close now!!

Comment by sillygoose — 3:52 pm April 1, 2014 #

2. Was that the liquor store’s old spot?

Comment by Joe Szilagyi — 4:07 pm April 1, 2014 #

3. I think of it as Dress Barn/Fashion Bug’s old spot but I do believe that is basically where they were before moving to the Trenton side…

Comment by WSB — 4:20 pm April 1, 2014 #

4. Is the soft open event open to the public ?

Comment by Patti Crooks — 4:33 pm April 1, 2014 #

5. Patti – I’ll check with my contact (or maybe she will see this comment before I get a chance to send a note) but I’m pretty sure it is – the “grand opening” designation for the next day seems to be mostly about ribbon-cutting and all that.

Comment by WSB — 4:46 pm April 1, 2014 #

6. Yes, the soft opening is open to the public! WSB is spot on. Thursday will have a ribbon cutting ceremony and will be our first full day of business. But you are welcome to stop by tomorrow night.

See you soon!

Comment by Carter's Management Team — 5:39 pm April 1, 2014 #

7. Theres going to be a soft open tomorrow, Wednesday ,afternoon.

Comment by alki Resident — 5:48 pm April 1, 2014 #

8. Joe,

Yes it’s in the old liquor store spot. I saw it in transition with both signs and meant to get a picture. It made me laugh.

“We’ve sold you enough liquor! We bet you’ll be having babies soon!”

Comment by Betsy — 7:13 pm April 1, 2014 #

9. Welcome Carters! So nice to have them in that spot rather than a liquor store. We do not need more of them.

Comment by Paul — 8:39 pm April 1, 2014 #

10. Ha! Paul, I feel the same way about babies. To each their own.

Comment by Alphonse — 11:08 pm April 1, 2014 #

11. Paul, you do realize that the liquor store just moved to the other size of WV…

And I agree with Alphonse!

Comment by A. — 10:33 am April 3, 2014 #