TRAFFIC/TRANSIT TODAY: Wednesday updates & notes

March 26, 2014 at 6:12 am | In West Seattle news, West Seattle traffic alerts | 6 Comments

(WS Bridge and Highway 99 views; more cams on the WSB Traffic page)
6:12 AM: Welcome to Wednesday; our traffic/transit watch is on.

EARLY DISMISSAL FOR SPS: Two-hour early dismissal today for Seattle Public Schools.

WEST SEATTLE WATER TAXI: Thanks to Carolyn Newman for this view of the WSWT under the Tuesday afternoon rainbow:

The WSWT will be back to seven-day-a-week operation in just a week and a half, starting Monday, April 7th. You can preview the schedule toward the bottom of this page.

8:26 AM: Steve reports in comments, “There is a disabled SUV in the right lane on the Spokane ST Viaduct right at the I-5 North exit. Not causing problems when I passed it.” Your editor here is about to catch a ride downtown for today’s court proceedings so we’ll see firsthand if any trouble has ensued.

1. Is there a reasonable explanation why trains stop and block intersections for longer than 10 minutes during the morning and afternoon rush hour?

Comment by Tim — 7:33 am March 26, 2014 #

2. There is a disabled SUV in the right lane on the Spokane ST Viaduct right at the I-5 North exit. Not causing problems when I passed it.

Comment by West Seattle Steve — 8:22 am March 26, 2014 #

3. Thanks, Steve – we’re about to hit the road for downtown and will see (from the passenger seat, this time) how things are going – TR

Comment by WSB — 8:26 am March 26, 2014 #

4. West bound bridge better than usual even with stalled neon in right lane past walking on logs.

Also, it seems like people just use this for AM traffic? My commute home is just as bad. Seems like this gets buried and not commented on past the morning commute by the days stories or is it just me?

Comment by Enough — 6:10 pm March 26, 2014 #

5. Enough, it’s here if anyone has anything to say, but morning traffic seems to be the major source of concern – and something that people might take action on if warned about trouble in advance. Whenever there’s a major incident in the pm, we break it out separately. We also commit the top of the right sidebar to the link if people want to check out the cams. – TR

Comment by WSB — 6:37 pm March 26, 2014 #

6. I just don’t want to waste time reporting tips if no one reads it. I haven’t noticed anyone commenting about evening issues except for your replies to my reports.

Comment by Enough — 6:52 pm March 26, 2014 #