Michael Stanley leaving jail Monday, no charges in assault allegations

March 7, 2014 at 3:44 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 18 Comments

Remember Michael Sean Stanley, the convicted rapist arrested in an Admiral alley in October after leaving Canada, where he’d been sought for cutting off a monitoring device? He has been in the King County Jail, serving time for harassment since pleading guilty in January, and it looks like he’s getting out this Monday as previously announced – the County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office says he won’t be charged with allegedly sexual assaulting a teenager before his arrest. The statement we received:

The King County Prosecutor’s Office has completed its review of a case involving Michael Stanley. The case is being declined for criminal prosecution because there is insufficient evidence to prove that a forcible sexual assault had occurred.

Canada does not want him extradited; he is an American citizen. At the time of his sentencing in January, the City Attorney’s Office noted that his history in our state includes burglary and DUI. Conditions with which he must comply in this case require him to “provide a DNA sample; obey written anti-harassment orders protecting the three victims; not violate criminal law; have no alcohol or drug offenses; abstain from marijuana; undergo chemical dependency treatment; possess no weapons, and update the court on his current address.” He will be under Municipal Court jurisdiction for two years.

1. Wonderful!

Comment by Guy — 4:20 pm March 7, 2014 #

2. OK, the pool starts now. I say 30 days and we see his name again.

Comment by KT — 4:35 pm March 7, 2014 #

3. Crime pays!

Comment by Freddie — 4:37 pm March 7, 2014 #

4. I’ll take those odds, KT – I say 43 days. Are we going by Price is Right rules?

Comment by Mr Matt — 4:45 pm March 7, 2014 #

5. Wish West Seattle, as a community, could file a restraining order against him so he couldn’t return to our neighborhoods. One more creep to keep an eye out for.

Comment by ACG — 4:52 pm March 7, 2014 #

6. Maybe he’ll be the first new resident at the almost completed apodments next to 7-11.

Comment by DTK — 5:22 pm March 7, 2014 #

7. Can’t see how this could backfire.

Comment by Gatewood Guy — 5:26 pm March 7, 2014 #

8. Perfect, this will give him a fair chance to reoffend soon. Happy Friday!!!!

Comment by alki Resident — 6:16 pm March 7, 2014 #

9. KT, I was thinking more like 72 hours.

Comment by jissy — 6:24 pm March 7, 2014 #

10. DTK — I agree w/you. The apodments will be a magnet for transients of all flavors…ugh.

Comment by Seattlite — 6:44 pm March 7, 2014 #

11. KT, I’ll take 32 days. I truly believe this POS’s actions will escalate and we will be reading about a much different crime. I hope & pray I’m wrong, but I doubt it.

Comment by WTF — 7:00 pm March 7, 2014 #

12. I think I remember that he had a West Seattle connection.

Comment by OnTheLookout — 7:47 pm March 7, 2014 #

13. Looked up his address on he King Co registry. At least he doesn’t live in West Seattle … downtown is lucky enough to claim this peach as its own.

Comment by Jeff — 8:07 pm March 7, 2014 #

14. His wrist must sting from the slap he got on it.

Comment by Jeannie — 9:59 pm March 7, 2014 #

15. You give him too much credit. I give him less than 7 days to reoffend. He did it in less time than that the last time he skipped Canada.
    Jeff, I believe he has family in West Seattle and that’s why he was here last time.

Comment by Mike — 10:04 pm March 7, 2014 #

16. Conditions with which he must comply in this case require him to “provide a DNA sample; obey written anti-harassment orders protecting the three victims; not violate criminal law; have no alcohol or drug offenses; abstain from marijuana; undergo chemical dependency treatment; possess no weapons, and update the court on his current address.” He will be under Municipal Court jurisdiction for two years.

Eric: Um yeah, and this guy will most likely violate this over and over, each time going to court to get that stern talking to and empty threats f real jail time.

Where is Darwin when you need him?

Comment by Eric — 7:06 am March 8, 2014 #

17. Ok TK I say 45 days and he will be back in the news.

Comment by KP — 8:43 am March 8, 2014 #

18. Well at least I will have excellent range of motion in my neck looking over my shoulder for creepy people. I am sure he will comply with all of those conditions, as I roll my eyes.

Comment by Laura — 10:39 pm March 13, 2014 #