Memorial Saturday for Charles David Pierce, 1960-2014

February 19, 2014 at 5:04 am | In Obituaries, West Seattle news, West Seattle people | 23 Comments

A memorial service is planned this Saturday for Charles David Pierce, who died last week at age 54. Here’s the remembrance his loved ones are sharing:

Charles David Pierce died Tuesday, February 11, 2014. David resided at Providence Mount St. Vincent for the last thirteen years and died peacefully in his sleep.

For the last 36 years David has lived as a quadriplegic, as a result of a car accident at the age of 17. David graduated from Chief Sealth High School in 1980. David will be remembered for his strength of character, his sense of humor. and kind heart. David will be missed by all who knew him and cared for him.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, February 22, 2014, 9:30-12:00, at Providence Mount Saint Vincent Chapel, 3rd floor, 4831 35th Ave. SW.

(WSB publishes obituaries by request, free of charge. Please e-mail the text, and a photo if available, to editor@westseattleblog.com)

1. Rest in peace, David.

Comment by fibergirl — 6:20 am February 19, 2014 #

2. Now you can run again … God bless your faithful family for all their love and tireless time spent with you.

Comment by rmpelley — 9:19 am February 19, 2014 #

3. So sorry. Prayers for David and his family.

Comment by julie — 9:21 am February 19, 2014 #

4. Prayers to the family and friends of David.So sad to hear

Comment by JJones — 11:03 am February 19, 2014 #

5. Rest in peace. I think this obituary provides a public service in reminding people that the range of traffic accident injuries is a lot more complicated than just fatal or non-fatal.

Comment by Forest — 11:50 am February 19, 2014 #

6. One thinks of all that they have accomplished in the past 36 years, things that he never got the chance to do!! If there is indeed a heaven his true wishes will come true…You will be remembered David!!

Comment by WS Mom — 3:19 pm February 19, 2014 #

7. Thanks, David, for being part of our lives.

Comment by G — 8:20 pm February 19, 2014 #

8. I remember him from school. He had the most beautiful blue eyes, gorgeous curly hair, the nicest personality and a brilliant mind. It was a tragic accident and a good man is now gone. Run with the angels, David. Our thoughts are with your family.

Comment by fauntleroy fairy — 12:36 am February 20, 2014 #

9. So sad to hear of this David. You are and will be missed.

Comment by Mike Bara — 1:25 pm February 21, 2014 #

10. We had great fun as kids, running and playing sports and laughing. Mike, Tim, and I will never forget you, and someday we’ll all run together again.

Comment by Dave Bara — 3:09 pm February 21, 2014 #

11. David was a school mate from elementary to high school. We spent time together at summer camp and other activities. My thoughts got out to his family and friends. Be at peace, Dave.

Comment by Tim Nadeau — 3:13 pm February 21, 2014 #

12. Seeing David’s picture brings back so many memories of high school and earlier days. He was full of fun and laughter with a kind and generous heart. I feel privileged to be able to say we were friends. To Margaret, Nancy and the rest of David’s family, I am sorry.

Comment by Tara — 9:55 pm February 21, 2014 #

13. God bless the Pierce Family always be with them And thank u for David. Run free Sweetie

Comment by Doree Fazio-Young — 8:29 am February 22, 2014 #

14. I will always remember David as a kind, fun, generous of spirit and smart person. He was one of those with that certain sparkle about him. My deepest sympathy to the Pierce family. May you find comfort in knowing of the wonderful care that you provided for David, and that he is in the greatest care of all now. Rest in peace, David.

Comment by Marcia — 9:08 am February 22, 2014 #

15. I am sorry to hear of David’s passing. My wishes for peace to all that loved & cared for him.

Comment by A. Murray — 9:39 am February 22, 2014 #

16. I hope you are running and dancing with joy again sweet David! Put me on your heavenly dance card. It will be my honor!
    Hugs from Cindy Powers Weston

Comment by Cindy Weston — 10:02 am February 22, 2014 #

17. My deepest condolences to the Pierce Family.
    Dave was a ray of sunshine in school.
    May you be free of the bonds that held you.

Comment by Laurie Bixenman Graham — 10:09 am February 22, 2014 #

18. You will always be remembered by all your classmates David. I will never forget seeing how much everyone cared when I saw you around school. RIP David.

Comment by Mike Yantzer — 12:29 pm February 22, 2014 #

19. Dave I will forever be in awe of your courage!
    Rest in peace my friend.

Comment by Bob — 10:11 pm February 22, 2014 #

20. Much love to the Pierce family and the Murano family who’s love and support of David were an example of what love really means.

Comment by Alicia Van Driel — 12:14 am February 23, 2014 #

21. David is the ray of sunshine that will beem down from the heavens above…. always and forever ..now you are free to live life to the fullest… Blessing to all who will miss your beautiful smile, kind heart and loving ways. you are in good hands .

Comment by Dawn — 3:03 am February 23, 2014 #

22. To the Pierce family, love and peace to you all. To the staff that has loved and cared for David, you all become such a part of a life you care for,peace to you all.
    David,the shiniest most beautiful blue eyes ever matched your shining spirit.

Comment by Laurie — 11:42 am February 23, 2014 #

23. I just heard this very sad news. David will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. I was lucky to work with David when he first came home from the hospital. Loved him very much and look forward to seeing him again! Sending my love to his family and friends.

Comment by Sue "Ingrid "Olsen — 7:47 pm March 9, 2014 #