Just in from Sustainable West Seattle and the WS Tool Library – new details about tomorrow night’s all-ages Festivus party and fundraiser – the only public Festivus festivities announced in our area so far this season o’joy. In the spirit of the alternate holiday envisioned in the classic TV series “Seinfeld” (clip above), “airing of grievances and feats of strength will be included. Read on for the full lineup:
Festivus: Tool Library Fundraiser Gala is Friday, 6-9:30 pm.
Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
4408 Delridge Way SW
The fundraiser gala, which will also serve as Sustainable West Seattle’s annual winter holiday party, will be held Friday, from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Any funds raised will go to the maintenance of tool library operations, as well as potential enhancements such as extended hours and more classes, depending on the amount raised.
Everyone is welcome. No cover charge.
To be held at the dance studio at Youngstown Cultural Arts center, the fundraiser is being billed as a Festivus in a nod to a classic Seinfeld episode.
Newly released program includes:
• A dinner of vegetarian chili, corn chips, and cornbread plus other potluck items is available and served in the kitchen in the theatre next to the Movement Studio. Beer, wine and soda also available. Free or a suggested donation of $5 (remember it’s all to benefit the Tool Library)
• A program highlighting the excellent community and the fantastic resource that is the West Seattle Tool Library will start at 7 pm in the Movement Studio with our MC Bryan Fiedorczyk.
• A silent auction featuring items from local West Seattle businesses will take place in the Movement Studio from 6-8 p.m. Donated auction items include meals at local restaurants, a 6-month YMCA membership, a solar panel kit, a yard clean-up, a massage, a ski tune-up, a bike tune-up, gift certificates and much more! It ends at 8, and we can take payment right next to the Auction at 8:15 pm, so that you can leave with your item(s).
• FESTIVUS! Festivities…. In the Movement Studio, we’ll have a Festivus Pole, to which you can affix your airing of grievances. Also near the Festivus Pole we will have several opportunities for “feats of strength.”
• Music provided by wide-ranging talents of singer and songwriter Marty Doros on the 12-string guitar. Our opening act “Woody and Wolf” will open at 6 pm with a mix of folk-rock.
• Tool sales: A mix of used tools are for sale down at the tool library!
• Kids’ activities: we’ll be open for making ornaments at the tool library all night. Kids’ activities will be available in the Movement Studio as well.
• Tool library tours for those who haven’t seen it yet.
In addition, discounts will be offered on new and renewing tool library memberships (normally a suggested $40/year). And members who have tool library items that they’ve been meaning to return will be offered amnesty for any returned tools. No fines and no questions asked!
Volunteers are still needed, starting at 4 p.m.. Anyone who would like to volunteer to help at the event should email email@example.com
Sorry, comment time is over.
All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^