West Seattle Crime Watch: Teen burglary suspect arrested

December 14, 2013 at 3:02 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 13 Comments

Just in via SPD Blotter, an arrest early this morning:

Officers located and arrested a young male burglar inside a woman’s home early this morning in West Seattle. At approximately 3:31 a.m. officers responded to the 3200 block of 59th Avenue SW for the report of an occupied residential burglary. Preliminary investigation indicates that the female homeowner was inside her house and heard multiple voices. She called 911.

Officers arrived on scene and found the home’s doors unlocked. Officers entered the house and located one male suspect inside. There were no signs of forced entry.

The 14-year-old male suspect was arrested and booked into juvenile detention for Investigation of Burglary. The woman homeowner was not injured.

1. does this kid have any parents around….3 30 am and he’s only 14? whatever happened to hide and seek and flashlight tag to pass the time?

Comment by joel — 3:44 pm December 14, 2013 #

2. Throw him in a cell with some former Metro bus drivers for a little “attitude adjustment”.

Comment by SomeGuy — 3:52 pm December 14, 2013 #

3. Great job homeowner. I imagine that was a bit scary having human vermin enter your house at night while you were at home…

Comment by Genesee Hill — 4:06 pm December 14, 2013 #

4. I am almost positive this is the same kid who robbed me Friday morning about the same time. A kid was walking around our neighborhood knocking on doors asking “does Anthony live here?” .He knocked at my neighbor’s at 8:50pm and my house at 9pm. Neither of us opened our door to him but this description sounds like the same kid. I am so glad this woman was not hurt and I am also grateful to the good West Seattle cops who responded and got him. He could use some counseling is my guess..,

Comment by cindysous — 4:20 pm December 14, 2013 #

5. cindysous…….you did not open your door for him at 9 pm but then you were robbed at 3:30 am by the same person….not following your situation.

Comment by joel — 4:55 pm December 14, 2013 #

6. I hope any counseling he receives is in juvenile detention.

Comment by West Seattle Hipster — 5:38 pm December 14, 2013 #

7. His parents need jail time too.

Comment by Face Palm — 12:05 am December 15, 2013 #

8. @Joel….I think you misunderstood cindysous. She said she didnt open the door for some kid at around pm, but it was *not* her that got robbed at 3:30.

Comment by Seattle Wushu MartialArts — 8:39 am December 15, 2013 #

9. She wasn’t injured?! I would be traumatized.

Comment by Tonari — 10:05 am December 15, 2013 #

10. Glad he was caught, unfortunately due to his age he’ll be out in a couple days with virtually no penalty.
    As for where are his parents, probably in jail too. Many times these kids come from broken home environments where the parents are either criminals as well or so drugged out they don’t even know they have a kid.
    Sorry to hear this lady had to even deal with this, she did the right thing. I have a family to protect, this kid would not have had the opportunity to make it to jail before Harborview.

Comment by Mike — 11:12 am December 15, 2013 #

11. I wasn’t hurt, but it was very scary. It’ll take time to process and even myself out emotionally, versus currently being on high alert panic mode. I hope he and his friends learn their lesson, receive the proper punishment and get help.

Comment by Kristin — 4:33 pm December 15, 2013 #

12. Kristin – thank you for letting everybody know how you are doing. Juveniles are almost impossible to track through the court system, even when there is a name, and I don’t have one in this case, but we’ll do our best to follow up anyway. – Tracy

Comment by WSB — 6:24 pm December 15, 2013 #

13. I know his name and have an incident report #, but haven’t followed up yet with the officers. I’ve just been trying to relax, and not re-live the terror of hiding in my room under the covers whispering to a 911 lady because I have no idea whose in my living room and what they’re going to do. I’m thankful for the SPD and the overall outcome of the situation.

Comment by Kristin — 7:57 pm December 15, 2013 #