Proletariat Pizza, now open for lunch! Welcome, new WSB sponsor

December 19, 2013 at 12:02 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 15 Comments

Today we’re welcoming Proletariat Pizza as a new WSB sponsor – as they invite you to join them for lunch!

Proletariat Pizza is serving not only pizza (slices as well as whole pies) but also sandwiches, salads, and other specials for lunch, starting at 11 am weekdays. Proprietors Mike and Stefanie Albaeck (Highland Park residents, shown above with Hollis) say it’s an idea they’ve been working toward or a long time; originally, they were thinking about opening a sandwich shop, but decided instead on pizza. And now that CaffĂ© Delia is renovating its own space next door, after starting off in the Proletariat space during mornings/early afternoons, it’s lunch time for Proletariat!

Proletariat Pizza‘s daily lunch menu rotates – regularly featuring a cured-meat sandwich as well as a quinoa salad – in addition to the full Proletariat dinner menu (see it here). Slices are also available, and lunchtime continues until 3 pm, when dinner begins. Daily lunch specials are often featured on the Proletariat Facebook page. Stefanie and Mike also want you to know that the daily lunch specials always include a gluten-free option, as does the dinner menu.

Proletariat Pizza also recently expanded its space, as noted here, and they want you to know that space is bookable for parties – just contact them, 206-432-9765, or e-mail proletariatpizza (at) gmail (dot) com. They’re at 9622-A 16th SW in downtown White Center; online at ProletariatPizza.com.

We thank Proletariat Pizza for sponsoring independent, community-collaborative neighborhood news via WSB; find our current sponsor team listed in directory format here, and find info on joining the team by going here.

1. My favourite place for dinner and a beer on the Peninsula, especially with kids in tow – and now for lunch, hurrah!

Comment by Kyla — 12:48 pm December 19, 2013 #

2. I am so excited!! We have been hoping for this! The WSB crowd will soon be regulars.

Comment by Nancy @ WestSide Baby — 12:56 pm December 19, 2013 #

3. Awesome place, my kids’ favorite. Great owners and staff, great food.

Comment by TM — 1:06 pm December 19, 2013 #

4. The extent to which I love this place, these people, their adorable children who flit around behind the coutner, and the pizza is hard to describe. I am grateful to live near Proletariat!

Comment by Arbor Heights Mom — 1:07 pm December 19, 2013 #

5. absolutely delicious-I’ve had lunch there 3 times so far and everything was scrumptious.

Comment by CSWS — 2:11 pm December 19, 2013 #

6. best pizza in the city, IMHO. can’t wait to try them for lunch someday!

Comment by HelperMonkey — 2:29 pm December 19, 2013 #

7. best pizza around – and love the owners/staff

Comment by Michelle — 2:49 pm December 19, 2013 #

8. Mike and Stefanie are very gracious hosts. Their pizza is the best and their salads are a steal. Mike introduced my wife and I to Lucille (Georgetown Brewing’s IPA) and nothing goes better with pizza!

Comment by Alan — 3:22 pm December 19, 2013 #

9. Probably the best place to dine in WHITE CENTER. Sorry, had to take a small shot at the people saying this is in the City of Seattle! Lol…

Great, great, GREAT location for families.

Nice job Mike and Stefanie!!

Comment by Chris — 4:35 pm December 19, 2013 #

10. i second helper monkey and michelle!
    i love giving proletariat my hard earned money because they are good folk who offer us a great place to hang out in our community while chowing down on their awesome pizza!
    wish my job allowed me to go out to lunch to take advantage of this news but nice to know i can live vicariously!
    long live proletariat!

Comment by kumalavula — 4:58 pm December 19, 2013 #

11. can’t wait for lunch

Comment by JoB — 5:52 pm December 19, 2013 #

12. Do they use organic non-gmo ingredients?

Comment by I like slices — 7:48 pm December 19, 2013 #

13. Omg. Seriously I like slices?!

Comment by A — 11:21 pm December 19, 2013 #

14. PCC sells slices that are.

Comment by I like slices — 12:43 pm December 20, 2013 #