(Chickens and fans at last year’s Fauntleroy Fall Festival; 2012 WSB photo by Nick Adams)
Just one week until this year’s Fauntleroy Fall Festival – 2 pm-5:30 pm Sunday, October 20th, in and around the Fauntleroy Schoolhouse, The Hall at Fauntleroy, Fauntleroy YMCA (WSB sponsor), and Fauntleroy Church. Judy Pickens shares a partial preview:
In addition to the festival’s customary line-up of free things to do, this year’s event will have a record number of environment-related activities, including
*Chickens and other backyard farm animals with the Seattle Farm Co-Op
*Sweet talk about bees with the Puget Sound Beekeepers
*Fly tying with Pete and his amazing array of supplies
*Salmon-hat decorating with the Fauntleroy Watershed Council
*A preview of the Kilbourne ravine project with Fauntleroy’s forest stewards
*Critter study with those fun-loving naturalists from Camp Long
*An up-close look at the Barton pump station upgrade with King County Wastewater Treatment Division
ADDED MONDAY NIGHT: The music lineup is out now; from the FFF Facebook page:
• Church lot: Lauren Petrie (keyboard—2 p.m.), Pickled Okra (bluegrass—3 p.m.), 5 Buck Band (rock ‘n roll—4:30 p.m.)
• West side of schoolhouse: Jump Jazz (2:30 p.m.), Polka Service (4 p.m.)
• Fellowship Hall: Y Zumba (2 p.m.), Dance Seattle (classical—4 p.m.)
• Church sanctuary: Endolyne Children’s Choir (2 p.m. practice, 2:30 performance),
• Hall at Fauntleroy: Epic Jam Session (teens—2–5 p.m.)
No Comments yet
Sorry, comment time is over.
All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^