Just got this announcement, and we’re told everybody’s welcome, so if you’re looking for autographs or just to cheer the competitors on, be at Admiral Safeway 10 am-11 am tomorrow morning:
“Jocks vs. Docs” will kick off one of the state’s largest and most successful fundraisers for breast-cancer research. A team of professional and retired professional athletes will compete alongside some of the region’s best physicians in a grocery bagging contest for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Following the competition, there will be a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Safeway/SCCA mammography van [photo left], which has been equipped with new, leading-edge tomosynthesis equipment. This new equipment was funded by Safeway’s 2012 campaign, and the Safeway / SCCA MammoVan will be open for screenings at Safeway stores in Western Washington throughout October. (ADDED: Including drop-in appointments at this location on Tuesday)
· Kasey Keller, Seattle Sounders FC alumnus and broadcaster
· Warren Moon, Pro Football Hall of Famer and broadcaster
· Golden Tate, the Seattle Seahawks
· Megan Jendrick, two-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer (as Megan Quann) and fitness columnist
The announcement continues ahead:
· V. K. Gadi, M.D., Ph.D. – UW Associate Professor of Medicine, Medical Oncology, Assistant Member Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
· Janie Lee, M.D. MSc. – Director, SCCA Breast Imaging, UW Associate Professor, Radiology
· John Scheel, M.D., Ph.D. – UW Assistant Professor, Radiology
· Christopher Li, M.D. Ph.D. – Member, Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
There’s also a media contingent, including West Seattleite Gregg Hersholt from AM 1000 and Channel 5′s traffic reporter Tracy Taylor. The store is at 2622 California SW.
Sorry, comment time is over.
All contents copyright 2005-2015, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^