West Seattle Crime Watch: Seen this stolen Mustang?

June 29, 2013 at 10:29 am | In Crime, West Seattle news | 6 Comments

Karen is hoping you can help her find her stolen car:

My black 2005 ford Mustang was stolen last night (6/28) around 11pm. It was parked outside my home on the street (in the 1700 block of) Alki Ave SW. The license plate is AGX1087. If you have seen anything suspicious or were taking photos in the area, please e-mail Karen at kkapsca@yahoo.com.

And to let police know, they request a call to 911.

1. Karen I’m sorry that you were violated.
    The rates of auto theft in Seattle is one of the worst in the nation, due to an incompetent/overpaid police force (average salary well over 100k annually).
    I hope you recover your vehicle. I live on Alki too, and I feel victimized whenever one of us is defrauded.
    One would think a task force would have been assembled years ago, to combat this cancerous element in our society. How about bait cars in Seattle, SPD? No? Don’t feel like doing the work? And you (SPD) wonder why we *Seattleites* mistrust and loathe you.

Comment by Tactical Forces Operator — 3:56 pm June 29, 2013 #

2. One stolen car or stolen anything is too many. However, Seattle isn’t in the top 10 any more. Just out the other day, the 2012 top ten:
    And there is, in fact, a task force. It’s on the prosecution side:
    Local stats – May 2013, 34 cars stolen in the Southwest Precinct (WS and SP).
    TR

Comment by WSB — 4:11 pm June 29, 2013 #

3. Don’t blame the Police blame the jerks that steal your cars or anything else they please to take!
    Just try and step into those Polices shoes for just one day and see if you still think the same way, you think they just sit in their cars and eat donuts?

Comment by nemobeansmom — 8:00 pm June 29, 2013 #

4. wow, TFO.

Comment by m — 11:57 pm June 29, 2013 #

5. Maybe one of those surveillance cameras is close by and you can ask the SPD to take a look at, you know the ones that a lot of people are all up in arms about their privacy and al, isn’t that what they were installed for?l

Comment by nemobeansmom — 6:10 pm June 30, 2013 #

6. 7/12/13 7pm Lowman Beach
    FOUND-SUP PADDLE just north of park leaning against hedge. Still wet! I knew it wouldn’t stay there if I left it. Identify it so I can get it back to you . 206 769 5556

Comment by vicki — 8:08 pm July 12, 2013 #