West Seattle Crime Watch: Dog stolen & 2 more reader reports

May 22, 2013 at 12:42 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 13 Comments

Three reader reports in West Seattle Crime Watch: First one involves a dog reported as stolen. This dog has been on the WSB Lost/Found Pets page, and its owner is now going public with an added fact – she says it’s missing because it was stolen:

My male black Pomeranian was stolen from outside Bartells at 15th & Roxbury Sunday, May 19 at 5:25p. Last seen with two white females (one adult, one possible juvenile) on the #128 Metro bus heading East on Roxbury. I am devastated! If you have any information please call 206.938.4242 or the King County’s Sheriff’s office 206.296.3311. Thank you!! Reward offered!

Also reported as stolen: Golf equipment taken from Alex‘s car outside his home at Beach Drive and Atlas. He writes, “This is the third break-in this year that I am aware of on my little section of the Dr.; I hope word can get around so that neighbors become more aware, and so that we can all help each other by looking out for thugs like these scumbags that stole my clubs.”

Also, be on the lookout for this bike stolen from Lydia:

It’s a Giant Avail III, stolen from her front porch in the 7900 block of Delridge Way SW on Monday or Tuesday.

P.S. Long-form report from last night’s West Seattle Crime Prevention Council meeting is in the works. Two toplines:

-Street robberies are on the upswing – still primarily the type where you’re at risk of getting held up for your iPhone or iPod.

-The most popular brand among car thieves right now is Subaru.

1. Sorry this happened to you…hopefully he’ll bite them! At least you have a bus number and time…should help with tracking them down. I would “stake out” that bus every night until I found him.

Comment by onceachef — 12:51 pm May 22, 2013 #

2. Hope our dog is safely returned to you,and soon.

This an important opportunity to remind people:
    DO NOT leave your dog alone,tied up outside a store or in your yard. So many things can happen:

•someone may steal your dog (for their own, dog fighting bait or cult practices; to sell to a lab; and more)
    •someone could hurt your dog (poke or kick them; feed them something nasty)
    •your dog could un-expectantly bite someone ( then your dog is considered dangerous and could be killed)
    •your dog could get loose and roam off (get lost; hit by a car; etc)

Here is a good article how to prevent dog theft:

Comment by Teri Ensley — 1:12 pm May 22, 2013 #

3. Alex, can you give a specific area on beach drive? I live off beach drive and last night I noticed a car driving very slowly through my neighborhood a few times on the street and ally way. I watched the car from my balcony and he looked like he was car prowling. He was stopping a few times near the cars.

Comment by Lisa del — 1:42 pm May 22, 2013 #

4. If I didn’t include it, apologies – Beach and Atlas Drive.

Comment by WSB — 2:02 pm May 22, 2013 #

5. It may be unlikely, but perhaps the bus driver remembers where they got off? I’d guess your dog was taken on a whim and is okay. Perhaps post signs around the high schools. If a teen was involved, she’s probably said something to someone who will rat her out for the reward.

Comment by Rebecca — 2:37 pm May 22, 2013 #

6. Just as an FYI, Bartell’s allows you to bring your dog in the store with you. If they are well behaved, that is.

Comment by GoGo — 2:42 pm May 22, 2013 #

7. One other option that may be worth a try, is to contact Metro, and ask if they have any video record from the coach.

Many, if not most I believe, Metro buses have the onboard security cameras.

Best of luck in bringing your Pom home.

Mike

Comment by miws — 5:59 pm May 22, 2013 #

8. When you say “held up” do you mean an actual face-to-face mugging?

Comment by WSdreaming — 12:08 am May 23, 2013 #

9. yes

Comment by WSB — 12:13 am May 23, 2013 #

10. It is so sad that this crap goes on. I regularly walk to the thriftway from my house to grab a couple of things for dinner. I would love to take my dog with me, but because of stories like this I’m just afraid to. So sad, so frustrating.

Comment by Big G — 5:52 pm May 23, 2013 #

11. I cannot emphasize enough – you must keep your bikes indoors! Bikes outside are a thief’s dream. It’s just common sense.

Comment by MK — 12:19 am May 24, 2013 #

12. Stolen Pom: if you were trying to leave a voice message on the phone, Fri, May 24th, please try again, even if it sounded like the machine recorded – there was a malfunction.

I am helping owner to find her dog.

Comment by Cary — 11:23 pm May 25, 2013 #

13. According to the bus driver, the two thieves got off on 4th Ave SW and 112th Ave SW on May 19th 2013. This may not be the area they live. They got off the bus as the dog was sick (he needs medications urgently). The bus driver was angry. Maybe they just got off there prematurely because the dog was sick. Could they have caught the next #128 bus and gone further? People; please keep a look out for this dog. He is a service dog to the owner. Go to the http://stolenpom.wordpress.com/ please. The young girl who stole the dog is caught on video. Still shots of her are posted. Please look and see if you know her. Please call 911, King County Case #13-111499 or call 206.938.4242.

Comment by shardajly — 11:44 pm June 9, 2013 #