Helicopter over Admiral area

April 15, 2013 at 6:21 pm | In Helicopter, West Seattle news | 14 Comments

6:21 PM: Don’t know why. Let us know if you are seeing ground activity. One texter guesses it might be photographing the West Seattle Runner run we mentioned earlier – otherwise, no fire/police incidents we can find.

8:43 PM: TV-viewing WSB’ers confirm in comments, that’s indeed what it was.

1. I hear it too. Could it be the run?

Comment by adi — 6:23 pm April 15, 2013 #

2. Started out circling over Cali & Andover (roughly) and now looks to be near Hiawatha…..

Comment by joey — 6:23 pm April 15, 2013 #

3. Thank you! I was just inquiring myself but they seem to be gone now.

Comment by justme — 6:23 pm April 15, 2013 #

4. We’re at Waite and California and it’s been circling for about 5 minutes. I can hear it further off now.

Comment by brentut5 — 6:24 pm April 15, 2013 #

5. Just left after hovering over Hiawatha playfield for the last 10 mins.

Comment by janine — 6:25 pm April 15, 2013 #

6. I’m pretty sure it’s a KOMO 4 helicopter, but they’re not showing anything on the news channel.

Comment by Annelies — 6:26 pm April 15, 2013 #

7. it’s a komo helicopter and it’s gone now

Comment by rb — 6:28 pm April 15, 2013 #

8. They should send a TV van next time

Comment by mike — 6:36 pm April 15, 2013 #

9. We checked everywhere and there are nI incidents. So I am 99 percent sure it was an attempt to video the WS Runner run. Unfortunately, they likely weren’t thinking about the fact that on today of all days a chopper might cause even more worry than usual.

Comment by WSB — 6:37 pm April 15, 2013 #

10. Komo News just did a quick piece on the WS Runner event in tribute to the Boston Marathon incident, with an overhead shot, so that theory proved accurate.

Comment by Stacy — 6:39 pm April 15, 2013 #

11. I think you are correct, WSB. Since it started “roughy” near the WS Runner (Cali & Charlestown) and worked their way north.

My poor kids put the house in lock down, but no worries. Great ideas deserve great coverage.

Comment by joey — 6:41 pm April 15, 2013 #

12. I’m watching Komo 4 and it showed a quick view from the air of the runners.

Comment by Stephanie — 6:43 pm April 15, 2013 #

13. Typos from the WSB? Must be texting and driving;-)

Comment by Typos? — 7:17 pm April 15, 2013 #

14. Sorry, happens sometimes if news breaks when we are out with only the iPhone … but no, I am not driving.

Comment by WSB — 7:29 pm April 15, 2013 #