West Seattle weekend scene: Summer-like Alki traffic

March 30, 2013 at 7:41 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle weather | 12 Comments

Today was gloriously similar to summer – minus ten degrees or so – all the way down to the photo just shared by Debra Salazar Herbst, sunset traffic along the beach. P.S. Debra is co-founder of the Facebook page Alki Beach Daily Sunsets, and with the sunsets headed back north, the views there keep getting better.

1. just grove down Alki about 9pm..lots and lots of teenagers hanging out across from Pepperdocks…just having a good time…

Comment by JanS — 9:31 pm March 30, 2013 #

2. Harleys screaming by, motorcycles revving their engines, cars speeding and cruising by over-and-over, remarkably loud stereos, people fighting, cursing… This is life on Alki now that the sun’s out. And soon we’ll have another shooting to punctuate this insanity.

Not 1 SPD Officer in sight, all day.

Comment by concerned on alki — 11:24 pm March 30, 2013 #

3. Concerned, I saw a number of police cars and officers before, during, and after my afternoon bike rides through Alki and on Harbor and Beach.

Comment by onion — 5:50 am March 31, 2013 #

4. I lived on Alki for 20 years beginning in the early 70′s and it was quite a bit more sane. Almost quaint with just a handful of condos,the funky old IGA,a couple taverns and a few places to eat. About the only time I go down there anymore is early mornings. What is the attraction to so many Kent and Federal way people? It seems that is where most of the “trouble” originates. I guess West Seattle is getting all “growed up” now, with more to come. Oh well

Comment by Rick — 7:27 am March 31, 2013 #

5. Comment by alki…this why we need those cameras

Comment by mehatemejob — 8:01 am March 31, 2013 #

6. We saw a cop about five minute AFTER a motorcyclest was blocking traffic making a dozen or so tire circles in the middle of the street outside of Bamboo Grill…It was a just swell way to be held up for 3 minutes on a main thoroghfair for such nonsense…Man, when did I become an old grouch!?!?

What I do like is the “mix” of people — ages, cultures, races, backgrounds. My partner and I commented on how we were happy to be Seattlites and our slightly extended (and misplanned) evening drive on Alki was what reaffirmed this for us yesterday.

Comment by Mr. Teach — 8:04 am March 31, 2013 #

7. West Seattle welcomes the city’s jackasses on sunny days! Come one come all.

Comment by smokeycretin9 — 8:36 am March 31, 2013 #

8. Cameras dont make up for police
    See now all the absurd will come out and say lets start getting lic plates with the cams
    You guys will want facial recognition software and all that soon
    This is why we dont need cams

Comment by Jeff platt — 11:58 am March 31, 2013 #

9. Welcome to the city.

(An experience I welcome with open arms.)

Comment by JRR — 8:05 pm March 31, 2013 #

10. “What is the attraction to so many Kent and Federal Way people?”
    Ummmm…they live in Kent and Federal Way.

Comment by anti-obstruction — 8:24 am April 1, 2013 #

11. Exactly why I moved here from Kent in 1991…

Comment by M — 9:17 am April 1, 2013 #

12. To see more of the same just go to golden gardens on days like this.

Comment by boy — 7:10 pm April 1, 2013 #