5 highlights for your West Seattle Tuesday afternoon/evening

March 26, 2013 at 10:40 am | In West Seattle news, WS miscellaneous | 25 Comments

This week, the daily preview seems to be taking an unplanned brief break from bird photos. These pals turned up in the WSB inbox, courtesy of Eric Shalit from Box Turtle Design – that’s his little Piggy with poodle friend Django, who belongs to Eric’s friend, West Seattle author Conrad Wesselhoeft. Now on to the calendar highlights:

SANISLO ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL SEARCH: As reported here Monday, a community meeting is planned after school today, 3:40-4:40 pm, so that parents and other interested parties can participate in the search for a principal to succeed Ernie Seevers (who is retiring after this year).

CAREGIVER FOR AGING FAMILY MEMBER? Come to Merrill Gardens-Admiral Heights (WSB sponsor) at 6 tonight for the next open forum on aging, caregiving, and family dynamics – get support and guidance, and share your story/advice if you choose to. 2326 California SW.

WEST SEATTLE BLOCK WATCH CAPTAINS NETWORK: 6:30 pm at the Southwest Precinct meeting room (Webster/Delridge), WSBWCN is scheduled to hear from precinct commander Capt. Joe Kessler, from Community Police Team Officer Jon Kiehn with CPTED (crime prevention through environmental design, around your home) advice, and a victims’-advocacy program rep.

DESC ADVISORY COMMITTEE: The community advisory committee focused on issues relating to the DESC Supportive Housing project under construction in North Delridge meets tonight at 6:30 pm, room 106 at Youngstown Cultural Arts Center (4408 Delridge Way SW). Site/vicinity issues including the alley and drainage are on the agenda.

WEST SEATTLE COMMUNITY ORCHESTRAS’ CONCERT: Rescheduled from last week, WSCO’s second spring concert, “Songs of America,” 7 pm at Chief Sealth International High School auditorium (2600 SW Thistle), free but donations appreciated.

Those are just a few highlights – find MANY more listings on our calendar!

1. What? Is that minuscule piglet real? Is that poodle laughing? I’m viewing from my phone. Omg…is this what hallucinating feels like? I’m never eating Girl Scout cookies for breakfast again…

Comment by Heather — 10:51 am March 26, 2013 #

2. Looks like the perfect size for throwing the pigskin around.

Comment by rocky raccoon — 11:21 am March 26, 2013 #

3. BEST.PICTURE.EVER.

Comment by pigeonmom — 11:40 am March 26, 2013 #

4. That photo sure made me smile this morning. And Heather’s comment made me laugh out loud because I thought something very similar. Is this real?

Comment by Jojofrenchfry — 11:53 am March 26, 2013 #

5. Yes, it’s very real. If you follow the link to Conrad’s website, for example, you’ll find out more about Django the poodle. And Eric is a real person too, longtime WSB reader and occasional photo contributor, though I don’t know if Piggy has a webpage :) – TR

Comment by WSB — 11:54 am March 26, 2013 #

6. First, I agree with pigeonmom. Best picture ever! Secondly, Heather…that has to be the best post ever! LOL! Seriously though, how is that piggy real?! Wonders never cease…

Comment by andrea — 12:03 pm March 26, 2013 #

7. Caption:

Django: *Snerk!* “What a goofy lookin’ puppy!”

Mike

Comment by miws — 12:04 pm March 26, 2013 #

8. Make me want some Bacon Bits.

Comment by no man — 12:17 pm March 26, 2013 #

9. I love this photo, makes me happy!

Comment by Karen Sykes — 12:31 pm March 26, 2013 #

10. The poodle is 40 feet tall.

Comment by SomeGuy — 12:32 pm March 26, 2013 #

11. Wait, an off-leash dog AND off-leash pig? Oh the horror!! (I couldn’t resist)

Comment by jissy — 1:04 pm March 26, 2013 #

12. I cannot stop looking at this photo! It is perfect.

Comment by vinyllover — 1:13 pm March 26, 2013 #

13. The pig says to the poodle, “where’d ya’ get your nails done honey?” :)

Comment by onceachef — 1:36 pm March 26, 2013 #

14. That piggy should have a web page – if only to show us more photos, and let us learn about it’s happy West Seattle life!

Comment by mookie — 2:41 pm March 26, 2013 #

15. o.k.-one more time, if I open my eyes and I STILL see a pig I’ll quit eating cat poop..

Comment by westcatle — 2:52 pm March 26, 2013 #

16. Is West Seattle zoned, or what ever it would be, for pet piggies? I know a lot of people have urban chicken farms!

Comment by Noelle — 5:58 pm March 26, 2013 #

17. All the best to Mr. Seevers. To AS #1 (Pinehurst K-8) his school before Sanislo, he was irreplaceable.

Comment by WenG — 6:09 pm March 26, 2013 #

18. Oh no! The breeders that came up with the ‘golden doodle’(golden retriever/poodle) are aiming for a ‘piggle’, or a ‘poodglet’. A ‘swine-doole’??!! Really cute little pig though.

Comment by KD — 8:03 pm March 26, 2013 #

19. Please. Must know…what kind of piggie is that? Details please. I vote for the web page and no more Girl Scout cookies.

Comment by N Admiral — 9:22 pm March 26, 2013 #

20. yeah, um… is that an off-leash pig?

Comment by moji — 12:28 am March 27, 2013 #

21. +1 for more pig info :)

Comment by bianca — 11:29 am March 27, 2013 #

22. That is NOT a real pig. Sorry, I wish it were because I’d get one.

Comment by beboshuzi — 1:11 pm March 27, 2013 #

23. While we’re at it, are the animals in Charlotte’s Web real? I need to know. Is the dog in the photo real? Is it really smiling? Is the photo real? Is the internet real? The only thing I’m sure of is that the internet is controlled by cats.

Comment by I. Ponder — 2:44 pm March 27, 2013 #

24. Don’t be silly. That pig is real. I’m cloning it in my garage as we speak. I’m also posting an ad in hopes of hiring someone to help me create a line of “wee-pig wear”…. :)

Comment by Heather — 5:06 pm March 27, 2013 #

25. It’s clear that Django’s love for Piggy is real!

Comment by I. Ponder — 6:46 pm March 27, 2013 #