West Seattle food: Falafel Salam starts weekly visits Saturday

February 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm | In High Point, West Seattle news | 8 Comments

In case you hadn’t seen it in the comments section by now: Falafel Salam‘s West Seattle-residing proprietor Shimi Kahn, who asked for help in finding a local spot to visit regularly, has found it. This Saturday, the Middle Eastern food truck will start weekly visits at Hans VW (35th and Graham), a spot recently given up by Marination so they can focus their West Seattle attention on Marination ma kai (WSB sponsor) at Seacrest Pier. You’ll find Falafel Salam there this Saturday and beyond, 11 am-3:30 pm.

1. Man thats good news. I recently tried Shawarma for the first time not too long ago, and it was great. Too bad the owners of that establishment asked my friends and I to leave after dinner because “they had a lot of people in line”. Long story short I have been looking for a new place to try.

Comment by Brandon — 1:04 pm February 26, 2013 #

2. I remember when they had a tent outside West Seattle Produce. Their falafel is better than any I’ve ever had. Including homemade! So happy they’re back in WS. Hooray!!

Comment by Yum Yum — 2:04 pm February 26, 2013 #

3. Thanks, Hans VW!

Comment by WestSeattle91 — 4:39 pm February 26, 2013 #

4. This is right around the corner from me! I know what we’re eating on Saturdays :)

Comment by Breezy — 5:06 pm February 26, 2013 #

5. can’t wait to try it! is it cash only? couldn’t tell from Falafel Salam’s website.

in other food truck news, Ezell’s is going to have a good truck. hope they come to West Seattle!

Comment by sam-c — 5:20 pm February 26, 2013 #

6. Mmmm. Can anyone provide a review comparison to Hallava Falafel? Cuz I love them…

Comment by Bianca — 5:20 pm February 26, 2013 #

7. exactly, bianca!
    i have been a fan and loyal patron of hallava in georgetown for years now. it’s a treat when i get a day off and can go down for falafel with extra beets. this would be a bonus to have equally good fare even closer. looking forward to trying it but hoping someone can offer up their opinions on the two felafel vendors’ wares.

Comment by kumalavula — 6:14 pm February 26, 2013 #

8. just tried falafel salam and really really liked it. i definitely like it better than hallava falafel in georgetown. i had the purple falafel pita, and my partner had the house falafel pita. i hope falafel salam stays!

Comment by joy — 1:48 pm March 2, 2013 #