West Seattle Crime Watch: Burglary arrest near Camp Long

February 22, 2013 at 1:51 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 16 Comments

1:51 PM FRIDAY: Thanks to the WSB’er who texted us about police cars near Camp Long. Just checked with Seattle Police, whose Det. Mark Jamieson says an arrest was made shortly after a neighbor called 911 about a burglary in the 5000 block of 35th SW, which would be just north of the park. The neighbor reported seeing someone break into the back of the house just after 1 pm; an officer arrived quickly and reported a suspect in custody at 1:06 pm. There was some discussion of a possible second suspect, Det. Jamieson says, but officers concluded that the person they arrested was alone. No other details about the case or the suspect so far.

SATURDAY NOTE: The arrest is on SPD Blotter today.

1. Kudos to the neighbor and SPD!

Comment by kas — 1:55 pm February 22, 2013 #

2. I wonder if this is the same jerk that broke into my house and stole from me last week. Still so mad!

Comment by Heather — 2:25 pm February 22, 2013 #

3. Good job neighbor and officer!

Comment by QQman — 2:26 pm February 22, 2013 #

4. A good neighbor, and a good job by SPD! Thank you!!

Comment by mookie — 2:42 pm February 22, 2013 #

5. yes, way to go good neighbor and SPD!!

Comment by hipster! — 3:41 pm February 22, 2013 #

6. From 26th near the 5000 block, thank you!!

Comment by Thomas — 4:00 pm February 22, 2013 #

7. @Heather If you have a case number from your burglary please send it to me at joseph.bauer@seattle.gov and I will see if it is one of the burglaries we think this person is responsible for.

Comment by Sgt. Joe — 4:39 pm February 22, 2013 #

8. To Sgt. Joe: silly thing maybe, but thank you for reading this blog and reaching out–nice touch, that. And, of course, for all your regular great work. Kudos. Now, about those invasive cameras on Alki… Haha. One thing at a time. Thanks!

Comment by Chuck and Sally's Van Man — 6:52 pm February 22, 2013 #

9. Those decisions (cameras) are made waaayy above my pay grade so I will just keep working on catching criminals. Thanks for the nice comment!

Comment by Sgt. Joe — 7:22 pm February 22, 2013 #

10. Just for the record, I like Sgt. Joe…Alki could use some more Sgt. Joe’s! Thank you Sgt. Joe!

Comment by alki neighbor — 8:51 pm February 22, 2013 #

11. Thank you, Sgt Joe. I sent you my case number. It’s nice to see you read the blog and definitely thank you for reaching out to me!

Keep catching the criminals.

Comment by Heather — 9:09 pm February 22, 2013 #

12. Sgt. Joe make it clear to your Chief w/ the cameras,drones, and lack of transparency – makes your job a lot harder.

Comment by Leslie — 9:45 pm February 22, 2013 #

13. Thanks for your hard work & involvement, Sgt. Joe!

Comment by Ová — 11:07 pm February 22, 2013 #

14. The detective should post the guys picture on the blog so everyone can see who he is.

Comment by Faceless — 10:56 pm February 25, 2013 #

15. Police only send mug shots if they’re looking for somebody. I don’t even have this guy’s name, so it’s going to be tough following the case (if YOU do or anyone else who sees this, please let us know – editor@westseattleblog.com) – TR

Comment by WSB — 10:59 pm February 25, 2013 #

16. I am wondering if this is the same guy who broke into our storage room at the Luna Court Conods?

Case #2013-54488