Congratulations, C & P Coffee Company! 10th anniversary party

February 14, 2013 at 8:04 pm | In West Seattle news, WS beverages | 14 Comments

They are the C & P in C & P Coffee Company (WSB sponsor) – Cameron and Pete Moores – and they are celebrating a milestone tonight: Ten years in business! Valentine’s Day 2003 is when their coffee house, community gathering spot, arts hub, discussion-group hotspot, etc., opened in the century-old Craftsman it inhabits at 5612 California SW. Tonight they are greeting friends old and new during a party that was wall-to-wall people when we stopped by for a photo – including a kids’ fishing game on the back porch, and Bob “Bobcat Bob” Rice performing somewhere amid the revelers. C & P hosts a wide range of events every month – keep an eye on the calendar here. Congratulations, C & P!

1. I Heart Cam and Pete! Happy Anniversary and Thank you for creating a special community! Here’s to the first ten awesome years and many more to come! xoxo

Comment by JeriO — 8:21 pm February 14, 2013 #

2. Congratulations! Looove your espresso!

Comment by LatteRose — 9:05 pm February 14, 2013 #

3. Ditto- Love you guys!!! Congratulations and many more!!

Comment by AML — 9:07 pm February 14, 2013 #

4. Congrats guys. We love you!!

Comment by WTF — 9:40 pm February 14, 2013 #

5. Congrats!

Comment by Renee — 9:44 pm February 14, 2013 #

6. Cam and Pete,

You guys are my family and I love you both so much. Thanks for everything you do for EVERYONE, and specifically, us. We are so lucky to have you guys in our lives, and to get to watch each other grow, etc. You are the definition of community. I wrote this on your card but I just want to say it again: Imagine how many lives you have touched! Well, I think the crowd tonight was evidence of that!

Dear Petey,

I’m sorry about the pie in the face. I do believe you when you say you will light me on fire, in the near future. Thanks for the great party!

Not one I will soon forget.

xoxo
    -Bee Grrl

Comment by i'mcoveredinbees — 11:33 pm February 14, 2013 #

7. Our heroes! Congrats Cameron and Peter.

Comment by Caffè Delia — 12:59 am February 15, 2013 #

8. I love C&P, mostly for being so much more than a coffee shop. They are one of the jewels of West Seattle, a key venue for bringing people together for so many different reasons–art, music, community, etc. I have lived on this block for forever, and played on the front porch of this house as a child, back when there were two stone lions guarding the front door, and that I would ride on. I’m grateful this house did fall to developers like so many others on the block that were replaced with ugly apartments and condos. Here’s to the next ten years, and the ten after that. Thank you.

Comment by Ray West — 3:42 am February 15, 2013 #

9. Don’t anyone forget love for George that works there too! Probably since the beginning (or close to it)!

Comment by g — 5:22 am February 15, 2013 #

10. Hey George we love your fried rice.
    You always make us smile. We love you!

Comment by CL — 7:04 am February 15, 2013 #

11. Congratulations! That place is the best. Super homey, very much a casual community.

Comment by Matt — 8:29 am February 15, 2013 #

12. I second everything everyone else here has said, but let’s just state the obvious: C&P makes damn fine coffee drinks. In a big coffee town, they are really top notch, all in a humble little neighborhood bungalow that has a jar of dog treats. They really epitomize how magnificent small businesses can be.

Comment by hg — 9:35 am February 15, 2013 #

13. I love me some C & P.

Thanks to Pete and Cam and George for all the great years of pulling excellent shots of espresso.

Because for me it’s all about the coffee.

It doesn’t hurt that all the rest (the people, the space, the community) of C & P is so great.

Comment by JimmyG — 9:38 am February 15, 2013 #

14. No place better for coffee in all the land. And the definition of a small business that is part of and cares about the community.

Comment by Shannon — 8:35 pm February 15, 2013 #