West Seattle Weather Watch: King County burn ban lifted

January 21, 2013 at 12:00 pm | In Environment, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

Just in from the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency: The burn ban in King County is OVER (here’s the proof) – so no more restrictions TFN. The fog isn’t expected to be around too much longer – the newest forecast projects rain as soon as tomorrow night.

1. Burning wood is smelly, it’s inefficient and directly impacts your neighbors air quality. Wish they’d keep the ban on indefinitely!

Comment by NWMama — 1:50 pm January 21, 2013 #

2. Yay! I’ve been wanting a fire all weekend! Gonna go start one up right now!

Comment by Seattlelite — 2:38 pm January 21, 2013 #

3. ohhh…guess I’d better get out there and chop down a Presto tree ;-)

Comment by JanS — 3:37 pm January 21, 2013 #

4. NWMama,

I’m with you – I wish burning wood “for atmosphere” would go away too. My neighborhood stinks tonight too.

Comment by Robert — 7:26 pm January 21, 2013 #

5. Trying to get a walk in tonight after work, the air was terribly thick with smoke. I hope you really needed to burn all of that in your fireplace tonight. Bad air pollution tonight!

Comment by Vanessa — 7:27 pm January 21, 2013 #

6. It was a little puzzling to get the announcement that the ban was lifted even though the fog was still thick and the air-stagnation advisory still in effect till tomorrow afternoon. Maybe we just have the worst air and most of the rest of the county has cleared up?

Comment by WSB — 7:28 pm January 21, 2013 #

7. Did the burn ban impact the folks at Tent City on Highland?

Comment by West Seattle Hipster — 6:39 pm January 22, 2013 #