West Seattle Weather Watch: ‘Dense fog advisory’ in effect

January 17, 2013 at 9:18 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle weather | 8 Comments

We took that photo two hours ago, looking toward Hiawatha Playfield from the West Seattle High School parking lot – and the fog’s intensified since then. So much, that the National Weather Service has issued a “dense fog advisory” (read it here), warning of low visibility through tomorrow morning. Slick roads, too, we can verify firsthand.

1. Great pic! Hope you and yours are okay after the “verification” of the slick roads.

= )

Comment by happy — 9:41 pm January 17, 2013 #

2. Oh, it wasn’t that dramatic. But as soon as I got home from covering a meeting, I saw some idiot fishtail and gun it heading up the hill on our north side … which pointed her/him directly toward the schools where a student concert was about to let out, with a couple family members there for work and scholastic reasons … and it was a little nerve-wracking hoping that person wasn’t going to hit someone (my someones or anyone else’s someones) before they got wherever they were going … Hope everyone stays home from here on out so it’s a quiet, safe night – TR

Comment by WSB — 10:01 pm January 17, 2013 #

3. Family just arrived at Seatac and were held on the plane for a bit due to the fog and lots of planes.

Comment by E — 10:35 pm January 17, 2013 #

4. I’m currently at the airport in Portland because our flight got rerouted due to fog last night (and I suspect the hijack threat on the plane from Hawaii). We stayed in hotels here.

Comment by Heather — 7:33 am January 18, 2013 #

5. Had a soccer game down on Delridge last night and at one point I (as goalie) could not even see the other players past midfield…

Comment by Santa — 8:45 am January 18, 2013 #

6. yeah.. we stopped off at the high point library last night. we drove cautiously at about 15-20mph around high point and down snake hill, keeping an eye out for pedestrians and some ^&%%hole tailgated us all the way home.

Comment by sam-c — 8:55 am January 18, 2013 #

7. I could hear foghorns from my deck on California Ave late last night. Loved it!

Comment by Chris W — 8:58 am January 18, 2013 #

8. Great picture!

Comment by Denice — 10:05 am January 18, 2013 #

All contents copyright 2005-2015, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.