West Seattle traffic alert: Water problem at 24th and Trenton

January 11, 2013 at 5:44 pm | In Utilities, West Seattle news, West Seattle traffic alerts | 6 Comments

5:44 PM: Crews are out working on a water break at 24th and Trenton – which is in the Delridge repaving-detour zone. It’s a traffic challenge and may be a slip-sliding risk later with the temperatures expected to go below freezing again tonight.

7 PM: The problem is on the westbound side – the detour side – starting just east of 24th, and the water was still running – not gushing, but running – down the road as of a little while ago.

1. Ah, thanks, got home and my water pressure was super low, was worried that my pipes had frozen or somthin’. You guys have saved me from many headaches of worry!

Comment by CarrieP — 6:32 pm January 11, 2013 #

2. Still an issue as of 7pm. Unofortunately.

Comment by Ray — 6:56 pm January 11, 2013 #

3. Thanks for the update. I went by a bit ago and am adding a photo – right in the detour (westbound) lanes, too. One lane was getting through but that potential ice … on a hill … will be trouble.

Comment by WSB — 6:58 pm January 11, 2013 #

4. Would nearby neighbors hear from SPU if we should be boiling our water? I live 2 blocks away from the water main break, and haven’t heard anything other than reading this article. (Thanks, WSB!)

Comment by JL — 8:02 pm January 11, 2013 #

5. Always nice to have a reminder that flushing my toilet is a luxury! Thankfully I was able to go out and get some water and hand sanitizer. My place ran completely dry about 30 mins ago.

Comment by E — 8:17 pm January 11, 2013 #

6. Water is back on for the last 30 minutes; SPU crew just finished packing up and headed out (8:40)

Comment by Ray — 8:47 pm January 11, 2013 #