West Seattle traffic alert: Sinkhole on southbound 35th

January 30, 2013 at 5:03 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle traffic alerts | 7 Comments

Thanks to SDOT for heads-up on a sinkhole – what they call a “void” – in the left southbound lane of 35th near Juneau.

As shown in our top photo, it’s blocked off while awaiting repairs.

1. Whoa, that looks like a big sag!

Comment by The Original MB — 5:37 pm January 30, 2013 #

2. I swear I’m going to start forwarding my car alignment and bulging tire replacement bills to the city/county for all their holes wrecking up the undercarriage of my car. :/

Comment by MrMatt — 4:05 pm January 31, 2013 #

3. I’ve run over that spot so many times. I hate how the groove is right where the wheels are, pulling/shoving the car left or right when trying to navigate such a narrow lane. I’ve hit this hole a few times. Had no idea it was a sink hole though. Glad it didn’t turn out any bigger…

Comment by DukeMalisto — 4:21 pm January 31, 2013 #

4. Is this fixed for drive home tonight? Or at least any updated ETA on repairs?

Comment by TW — 4:34 pm January 31, 2013 #

5. There are tons of those on Delridge! I’ve driven on better dirt roads! I’ve gotten to the point of avoiding Delridge as much as possible now!

Comment by Michelle — 9:41 am February 1, 2013 #

6. Doesn’t look like it’s been noted elsewhere, but this was fixed on the way home tonight.

Comment by tjw503 — 8:01 pm February 1, 2013 #

7. Thanks – we drove by it around noontime and it was still blocked off but it looked like it had been filled – meant to go by again while out just now, forgot.

Comment by WSB — 8:21 pm February 1, 2013 #