West Seattle Thursday: 6 highlights for January’s finale

January 31, 2013 at 9:49 am | In West Seattle news, WS miscellaneous | 8 Comments

(Photo by Machel Spence)
UPDATE: Six highlights from the WSB West Seattle Event Calendar, where you will find even more for today/tonight:

WINE TASTING: Try student-produced (and select alumni-produced) wines free at the Northwest Wine Academy on the campus of South Seattle Community College (WSB sponsor), 1-4 pm. Find out more here.

I-90 TOLLING MEETING IN SEATTLE: Third and final open house this week with a chance to comment on the proposed I-90 bridge tolling, and it’s the only one in Seattle, 4-7 pm at Yesler Community Center (917 E. Yesler Way).

‘CABARET DINNER’ AT SENIOR CENTER: 5:30 pm, dinner and entertainment at the Senior Center of West Seattle (Oregon/California in The Junction) – details here.

K-5 STEM AT BOREN OPEN HOUSE: 6:30-7:30 pm, interested families are invited to visit the school, 5950 Delridge Way SW.

(added) WEST SEATTLE MONTESSORI OPEN HOUSE: 6:30-8 pm at 11215 15th SW, West Seattle Montessori/West Seattle Academy (WSB sponsor), pre-K through 8th grade, invites interested families to its open house..

‘SHIRLEY VALENTINE’ … continues at ArtsWest (4711 California SW) – “the story of a woman in her 40s, stuck in a rut, unsure of how to get her groove back.” 7:30 pm, ticket info and other details here.

1. That squirrel picture definitely calls for a caption contest.

Comment by BlairJ — 10:54 am January 31, 2013 #

2. Say what? You’re building a condo on my hutch. Seriously, Really? Where am I gonna hide my nuts now?

Comment by rick — 11:04 am January 31, 2013 #

3. Is it safe to come out,has the Eagle gone?

Comment by toodles — 2:33 pm January 31, 2013 #

4. “Phil! Phil! hey wait! This ain’t Punxsutawney! I knew I shoulda taken that left toin at Albuquoyque!”

Mike

Comment by miws — 3:45 pm January 31, 2013 #

5. Is that a peanut in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Comment by elaine — 10:20 am February 1, 2013 #

6. Who, ME? I would NEVER dig up any of those tasty tulip bulbs in YOUR yard!

Comment by BlairJ — 11:03 am February 1, 2013 #

7. “I swear Charlie, it wasn’t me…wait, are you looking at me?”

Comment by Machel Spence — 4:07 pm February 1, 2013 #

8. I vote for Mike’s. Y’all are so funny!

Comment by Miranda — 8:59 pm February 1, 2013 #