West Seattle sightings: Movie star spotted at Admiral Safeway

January 29, 2013 at 11:53 am | In West Seattle news, West Seattle people, WS culture/arts | 43 Comments

And more showbiz news: Our WSBeat correspondent Megan Sheppard reports seeing Thomas Haden Church at Admiral Safeway. One quick check of Google News revealed this Deadline.com story reporting that he is in Seattle because filming has just begun on “Lucky Them,” described as an “’un-romantic comedy’ about a female rock journalist on assignment to hunt down her musician ex-boyfriend.” Don’t know if they’re shooting over here; keep an eye out for film-crew sightings. But we do know that Seattle-based director Megan Griffiths has filmed on this side of the metro area before – with “Eden,” partly shot in White Center in 2011.

1. Safeway? I thought all the fancy smancy people went to Metro Market… :-)

Comment by Robert — 12:02 pm January 29, 2013 #

2. No idea who this is!

Comment by A — 12:17 pm January 29, 2013 #

3. Well, MM’s deli/bakery and produce IS that much better than Safeway, that’s why I go there, in blue jeans and hoody, nuthin’ fancy :)

Comment by xavier — 12:24 pm January 29, 2013 #

4. Sorry, I thought I had linked his name to his iMDB bio for anyone who couldn’t put name/resume to face – will do so in a minute but here it is fwiw http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002006/

Comment by WSB — 12:29 pm January 29, 2013 #

5. I saw him at QFC a week ago but no one would believe me! Thanks for reporting this and proving me right!

Comment by Wendy — 12:48 pm January 29, 2013 #

6. “…for anyone who couldn’t put name/resume to face…” Or for anyone who can’t work the Google? ;-) (Sorry; couldn’t resist.)

Comment by SarahScoot — 12:50 pm January 29, 2013 #

7. have seen him on talk shows, looked familiar, but wondered “what do I know him from?”; looking at his bio, 80’s/90’s mostly tv shows; only one I likely saw him in was “Cheers”; don’t even recognize most of the movies; I did see “Sideways”
    ~
    ~
    “Two men reaching middle age with not much to show but disappointment, embark on a week long road trip through California’s wine country, just as one is about to take a trip down the aisle.”

Comment by Diane — 12:53 pm January 29, 2013 #

8. Sideways…. We bought a Zoo…. and if you are fifty-ish the show Wings

Comment by pam — 1:08 pm January 29, 2013 #

9. My wife is waiting for her scene as an extra for this !! Can’t wait to hear all about it tonight!

Comment by Don — 1:23 pm January 29, 2013 #

10. Thought I saw what looked like a film crew equipment set up about a week or so ago about 6pm at Walker St / 46th Avevnue SW.

Comment by marianne — 1:26 pm January 29, 2013 #

11. Fifty-ish?? Geez… ;)

Comment by NeoYogi — 1:33 pm January 29, 2013 #

12. LOL! I am not fifty-ish yet and I know the show Wings.

Comment by Bonnie — 1:34 pm January 29, 2013 #

13. Me, barely 30, remember Wings and now I must wait 20 years to tell anybody else…ahh!

Comment by Schmitz, Eric Schmitz — 1:36 pm January 29, 2013 #

14. beyond 50-ish; never watched “Wings”

Comment by Diane — 1:48 pm January 29, 2013 #

15. Ditto! Loved Wings…and so did my dad ;)

Comment by Kelly — 2:02 pm January 29, 2013 #

16. I can work the google and did but still don’t know who he is. Not excited.

Comment by A — 2:19 pm January 29, 2013 #

17. I never would’ve recognized him, as the last thing I saw that he was in was Wings, and that was a LONG time ago.

Comment by Sue — 2:31 pm January 29, 2013 #

18. Lowell!

Comment by WesCAddle — 2:35 pm January 29, 2013 #

19. Just saw film crew setting up At that modern looking house by endolyne Joe’s,just beyond crazy 4 way stop sign! Forgive typos…doing this while feeding baby.

Comment by Sara — 2:45 pm January 29, 2013 #

20. his best role, one of the crows from Charlotte’s Web.
    “THink of the corn man!”

Comment by smokeycretin9 — 2:53 pm January 29, 2013 #

21. Thanks, Sara, will check it out. There of course are film crews around all the time – we checked out one in an Admiral neighborhood a couple weeks ago that turned out to be a commercial for a bank (though we later looked up the bank name and it didn’t correspond to anything on record so it kind of dead-ended) …

Comment by WSB — 3:18 pm January 29, 2013 #

22. Yes, they’re filming for this in Seattle! There are other named actors (well, actress), but I’m not sure it’s OK to start naming names, since that info isn’t on IMDB yet. ;)

Comment by Beth W — 3:39 pm January 29, 2013 #

23. Don’t know about iMDB but the Deadline.com story to which I have linked (all blue text on WSB is a hyperlink to another source of information) mentions Toni Collette, Oliver Platt, Ryan Eggold and Ahna O’Reilly as other cast members. – TR

Comment by WSB — 3:54 pm January 29, 2013 #

24. Definitely a known actor in my household. Just watched him in Killer Joe. And I’m 42, not 50ish ;)

Comment by biankat — 3:57 pm January 29, 2013 #

25. hey, I’m 30-ish and watched Wings!

Comment by sam-c — 4:09 pm January 29, 2013 #

26. I think he needs a crepe.

Comment by Charell (Firefly owner) — 5:27 pm January 29, 2013 #

27. If Toni Collette is anywhere, I’m gonna go all fangirl.

Comment by JRR — 6:07 pm January 29, 2013 #

28. Also saw this afternoon/evening what appeared to be a film crew truck in Fauntleroy near Endolyne Joe’s

Comment by Richard — 6:44 pm January 29, 2013 #

29. He’s no FABIO!

Comment by cranky Westie — 6:59 pm January 29, 2013 #

30. Really? Is that what qualifies as a movie star now? I guess considering some of the reality tv hacks that are “stars” he is.

Comment by Come on — 7:28 pm January 29, 2013 #

31. JRR I was about to say the same thing! Toni Collette!!!

Comment by Traci — 7:32 pm January 29, 2013 #

32. I saw him in there today. Thought he looked familiar but didn’t give it a second thought. He was standing in the meat section looking a bit lost as I walked by.

Comment by Rara — 9:57 pm January 29, 2013 #

33. Might be doing research on his next project as a Writer/Director…

Rolling Kansas (2003)
    An independent film about a road trip to find a magical forest of marijuana.

Or maybe to apply to the state as an “consultant” on implementing 502.

All guesses since I looked through the entire list and did not spot a show or movie that I have seen.

(There will still be books left unread when I die so I will probably not get around to seeing anything on imdb)

Comment by Ken — 10:31 pm January 29, 2013 #

34. I know who he is and I’m not 50ish, I’m only 30! Also, I think Toni Collete has ties here in Seattle as I met her at a party here in WS about 10 years ago! I was so star struck! Embarrassing!

Comment by Emerdoodles — 10:32 pm January 29, 2013 #

35. I remember him from the sitcom with debra messing. It was fox.

Comment by lyndab — 12:19 am January 30, 2013 #

36. I mean it was on the FOX channel.

Comment by lyndab — 12:20 am January 30, 2013 #

37. Gavin & Stacy

Comment by Jayjay — 6:39 am January 30, 2013 #

38. Yeah! Thanks, jayjay. That’s it.

Comment by lyndab — 8:05 am January 30, 2013 #

39. Filming has been going on in the very contemporary house at SW Wildwood and Brace Point.

Comment by Judy — 8:39 am January 30, 2013 #

40. it was Ned and Stacy :)

Comment by Stacy — 2:49 pm January 30, 2013 #

41. Nice work! I’m glad someone out-remembered me!

Comment by Jayjay — 9:08 pm January 30, 2013 #

42. I noticed a film crew & craft services erlier today a few houses south of the Fauntleroy Church/ YMCA. May be filming for the movie mentioned above.

Comment by PK — 2:45 pm January 31, 2013 #

43. I mean it was on the FOX channel. Oh, yeah. Ned!

Comment by lyndab — 5:38 pm January 31, 2013 #