West Seattle wildlife: Not too brisk for bunnies

January 18, 2013 at 7:40 pm | In West Seattle news, Wildlife | 9 Comments

The visibility might not be much in our foggy weather – but if you’re down at eye level with the flora and fauna, as photographer Machel Spence so often is, that’s not a problem. She reports that the freezing fog did not keep the Duwamish Greenbelt bunnies from emerging – and shared the photo as proof.

1. I think this particular photograph was taken in her living room though. just sayin’ ;)

Comment by justme — 8:15 pm January 18, 2013 #

2. The hummingbirds are still around too, so keep filling your feeders! I had two at my feeder this afternoon.

Comment by T — 8:51 pm January 18, 2013 #

3. I’ve seen these bunnies around California Ave in Admiral.

Comment by Paul — 10:17 pm January 18, 2013 #

4. My daughter saw a bunny in our yard last night too.

Comment by D — 9:53 am January 19, 2013 #

5. We’ve had a lot of hummingbird activity as well. Those little birds are going through the nectar like crazy at our house. A good reminder to everyone to keep those feeders full, as there are not many other food sources for them this time of year.

Comment by ColesMom — 12:08 pm January 19, 2013 #

6. A bunny moved into our ally in late fall.
    What is going on with all the excess bunnies?
    We never used to see bunnies around here.

Comment by JoAnne — 6:48 pm January 19, 2013 #

7. MMMMMMM

Comment by 56bricks — 3:12 am January 20, 2013 #

8. LOL…”justme”, my little Demetri is all black with a bit of white on his belly. If I even tried to get near this one it would jet so fast into the woods I wouldn’t have a chance to even see where it went! Those little bush bunnies are soooooooo fast!

Comment by Machel Spence — 11:56 am January 23, 2013 #

9. i own 4 bunnies i love them so much abd humming birds are aroun my house latly also in my groge

Comment by sydney — 1:18 pm January 24, 2013 #